4 Open Square Way
HOLYOKE, MA 01040
|Salary Range:||Location:||HOLYOKE, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||IT User Services/Help Desk|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Up to One Year
|JOB DESCRIPTION: Service Desk Analyst|
Keeping patients healthy is their specialty. Healthcare IT is ours. We strive to make technology invisible and allow our clients to spend as much time with their patients as possible. We never forget that it’s not about bits and bytes but about how it all helps to make a patient smile, a loved one be reassured, and a caregiver feel confident. We manage IT services for health systems, medical practices, clinics, and social service non-profits so technology works for them, and not the other way around.
Employee Value Proposition
Handing a stethoscope to an auto mechanic doesn’t make him a doctor. Anyone can “fix” a problem but it takes a specialist to diagnose, heal, and implement change for the long-term. At baytechIT, we understand healthcare, business, and technology (in that order).
Healthcare, because there is no other Managed Service Provider that can say “that’s all we do.”
Business, because we understand it all has to do with managing IT to make an organization more profitable, save them more money, or make them more efficient.
Technology, because we’ve designed and managed some of the most advanced healthcare IT networks on the planet and can back up our work by offering the only “thirty day out clause” in the industry.
For us, it’s all about being one of them. Everything we say and everything we do must be about becoming a client’s IT partner. An employee would never think about telling the boss that “it’s not in my job description.” They might think about it, but if they say it, it’ll probably be the last thought they have as the door shuts behind them.
If we’re going to be their IT department then we have to act like it. That means no in scope and out of scope arguments. That means always doing what we think is best for them knowing that if we put ourselves first, they can show us that door at any time and for any reason.
We’ll never compete on price because no one offers more for one monthly fixed fee.
We’re the experts but they’re always right. If they’re not, we listen and offer alternatives. No one likes a preacher (except in church).
The only attitude we carry with us is gratitude. We never forget that the lifeblood of every healthcare organization is technology. They’ve entrusted it to us. That’s a responsibility we’ll never take lightly.
Service Desk Analyst
If you believe that a smile and positive attitude can come shining through during a simple phone call, then you should definitely apply to join our team as a Service Desk Analyst.
Passion for people, patience, and a knack for problem-solving are key attributes of your personality and while you’ll have plenty of back-up when you need it, you’ll earn the moniker “Dr. IT” with your ability to diagnose and cure the technical ills of our clients.
Under general supervision, our Service Desk Agents work in a fast-paced call center environment, diagnosing problems and providing second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications and hardware. Your success will be judged in part by your ability to resolve issues over the phone, handing off more complicated issues to first-tier Service Desk support. You may interact with network services, systems engineers, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems, have the ability to simulate or re-create user issues to resolve operating difficulties, and/or recommend systems modifications to reduce problems. You’ll need to maintain currency and a high level of technical skill in your field of expertise but know that more complex issues can be escalated for resolution in a timely fashion.
|Qualifications and Education Requirements|
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
• Minimum 6 months supporting customers remotely in a business environment
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and organizational skills.
• Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, printing and other computer-related technologies
• Ability to work well in a team-based, fast paced/multitasking environment.
• Logs and tracks calls using Help Desk reporting system to maintain historical records and related problem documentation.
• Respond knowledgeably & in a manner understandable to the customer with regards to questions or technical issues.
• Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance
• Support client approved software. Have knowledge of current or existing Operating systems and Applications
• Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to reduce help line incident rate
• Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
• Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Support client approved software. Have a strong knowledge of current or existing Operating systems and Applications