Elder Services of Berkshire Cty, Inc.
877 South Street Suite 4E
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Website:Elder Services of Berkshire County Inc.
|Salary Range:||Location:||PITTSFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Management|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|The Community Services Director is responsible for Elder Services’ Area Agency on Aging (AAA) programs. They oversee (indirectly) the Ombudsman, Volunteer, SHINE, Money Management, Options Counseling, Family Caregiver and Senior Community Service Employment (SCSEP) programs as well as the I&R, Nutrition and Food Service departments. The Director, a member of Senior Management, interprets Agency policy, objectives, and information for their staff and works closely with other Directors, managers, and supervisors in achieving the Agency’s goals and objectives.|
|Education/Experience Requirements: Master’s Degree in public administration, social work, business, or related field preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required. Five years’ experience in administration/management preferred; three years senior management experience required, including program development and oversight.|
• Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with federal and state agencies to ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
• Able to comprehend verbal and written instructions appropriate to the position.
• Ability to supervise and motivate personnel.
• Leadership ability; independent thinker; self-starter.
• Experience in planning, grant writing, contracting, and public relations a plus.
• Demonstrated team building skills
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office professional and experience using databases