21 Olander Drive
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
Supportive Sober Housing
We are seeking an energetic, insightful case manager to support and inspire the individuals in our supportive sober housing program. People typically come to live here after they have completed a residential treatment program and have been in recovery for at least six months.
As the Case Manager, you will:
• help participants develop their service plans, and advocate on their behalf;
• provide support and offer problem-solving strategies to help people progress in their recovery;
• plan, coordinate, and facilitate groups;
• maintain collaborative relationships with ServiceNet’s recovery house and shelter staff, and with other agencies and service providers in the community.
You’ve had at least two years of experience working with people who are striving to overcome substance addiction, and/or who are or have been homeless. Familiar with the community’s social and vocational services, government agencies, and healthcare resources, you know how to connect people to the help they need to get back on their feet, and you’re comfortable using a computer to maintain records and write clear reports. Since this job requires frequent travel from the program in Turners Falls to services and offices in Greenfield, you have your license and a reliable vehicle to get back and forth. Having your CADC/LADC would be another plus!
We offer a competitive hourly rate ($16 - $17.80/hr.) plus:
• generous time-off;
• comprehensive, health and dental insurance;
• a 403(B) retirement plan, with employer matching;
• long-term disability, paid life insurance, tuition assistance, and several more benefit options.
Please download an application from our current openings page at servicenet.org. Send your completed application with resume and cover letter, citing Search #824 in the subject line, to: email@example.com
ServiceNet is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be a tobacco-free employer.