Sidehill Farm Yogurt
58 Forget Rd
Hawley, MA 01339
Sidehill Farm Yogurt is a certified organic, on-farm creamery producing organic yogurt and sour cream from the milk of grass-fed cows. Our focus is on producing healthy, high quality organic dairy products that support the health of our customers, our staff, and our environment. We take serious pride in quality, efficiency, and reducing waste; and love good food, having fun, and the occasional nacho party!
|Salary Range:||Location:||$50,000+ Per Year||HAWLEY, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Manufacturing/Production|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
• 3+ years’ experience in a sanitary food or related production environment - Preference: Required|
|We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to lead the yogurt-making process and skilled creamery staff. We are also willing to train a person with significant relevant experience, who is ready to grow into the role.|
The Production Manager will be ultimately responsible for the quality of the finished yogurt, the smooth running of all production equipment, coordination with suppliers, regulators, and sales folks, and facilitating a positive work environment where all team members can thrive. We are a small business with a great crew and a solid set of production practices, and everyone does most everything. We will provide extensive training on our current methods and procedures, and even a very experienced person can expect in-depth training on how our process works right now.
The successful candidate will begin working as an integral member of the production crew, learning the ropes at Sidehill from experienced current staff, and developing a deep level of familiarity with production machinery.
Once familiarity is established, focus will shift to leadership on day-to-day operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all processing equipment; as well as milk testing and maintaining testing and production records.
Within 6-8 months, the production manager will move into a full leadership role in production planning; maintenance and improvements to systems, equipment, and products; and communication with suppliers, regulators, and sales staff. Focus will be on quality, efficiency, creative problem solving, and creamery team leadership.
Salary range $50,000 to $65,000 per year, depending on the skills and experience you bring to the job.
• 3+ years’ experience in a sanitary food or related production environment.
• High level of comfort with food processing machinery, wash systems, and sanitary/ operational procedures.
• Very strong teamwork and communication skills, coupled with some management/ lead experience.
• Ability to multi-task, and focus on product quality and process efficiency, simultaneously.
• Desire to have fun! (most of the time)
• Commitment to quality, and a desire for constant improvement.
• Reasonable flexibility in scheduling. Some days are longer, some shorter, and variation is inevitable through the seasons and according to production needs.
Experience with tractors is a plus. (We use a farm tractor as a forklift, which is quite different from operating a forklift.). Experience driving trucks and trailers is also a plus.