Hilltown Community Development Corporation
387 Main Road PO Box 17
CHESTERFIELD, MA 01012
Hilltown CDC seeks to improve the quality of life for Hilltown residents by addressing economic, housing, educational, social and community needs while preserving the rural character of the area.
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||CHESTERFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Government/Public Service|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Notary Public - Preference: Preferred|
|The Housing Rehab Program Manager will work in a team approach with Hilltown CDC staff (Housing Director, Housing Rehab Specialist, Executive Director and other staff ) to plan, raise funds for, and implement grant and privately funded programs in housing rehabilitation. The Housing Rehab Program Manager will assist with other housing related and property management tasks as needed. |
• Provide day-to-day management and administration for all housing rehabilitation programs; ensure timely progress of all program activities; ensure compliance with all applicable program eligibility and regulatory requirements for projects being rehabbed through the Housing Rehab Program.
• Maintain communication with homeowners, contractors, and various consultants, i.e. Rehab Specialist, contractors, sub-grantees, and Town Officials.
• Work in conjunction with the Housing Rehabilitation Specialist.
• Assist clients with application paperwork and process as needed. Verify income eligibility for applicant households according to income guidelines established for the funding source (generally Section 8 income verification guidelines).
• Schedule and attend intake meetings, take photos, and make additional site visits as needed.
• Prepare and mail bid packets to contractors, conduct bid openings, and review bids with Rehabilitation Specialist. Present bids to homeowner; if bids fall within guidelines of cost estimate (if bids are not within guidelines, discuss bids with Rehab Specialist to determine proper course of action). Once homeowner makes their contractor selection, schedule a contract signing and mail award letters to bidders.
• Prepare contract documents and conduct contract signing/pre-construction meetings. Upon completion, mail Notice to Proceed, file mortgage, and update Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) Grant Management Software (GMS).
• Prepare reports as required by funder and serve as a liaison with representatives from the funding sources. Create and maintain forms related to the program (application, income verification, subordination agreements, etc.).
• Prepare and maintain environmental and historical review records for all projects; set up and maintain files and administrative records.
• Prepare and distribute outreach materials and advertise the program(s).
• Maintain lien ledgers, discharge liens that are expired or satisfied. Review/Process Requests for Subordination of Loans as necessary.
• Work with the Rehabilitation Specialist(s), and Finance department to ensure the prompt and accurate processing and payment of bills; monitor per-unit spending caps, programmatic spending caps, and budgets; and contractor payments.
• Maintain and update contractor database and insurance information. Recruit contractors as needed.
• Maintain and update Housing Rehab. homeowner database.
• Work with other staff members as needed to address agency housing priorities.
• Work with the team to contribute annual grant submissions to funders for program continuance.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, generally Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
Compensation: Salary range is $42,000-$48,000 per year, plus benefits, depending on experience.
How to apply: Submit resume and cover letter by April 16, 2021 to Dave Christopolis, Hilltown CDC,
PO Box 17, Chesterfield, MA 01012
Terms: This is a grant-funded position. The continuation of the position is subject to status of future funding.
EEO/AA/Section 3: Applicants with handicaps and needing assistance will be accommodated. Among equally qualified candidates, low to moderate-income residents of the local region will be given preference.
Hilltown CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|The Housing Rehab Program Manager should have knowledge about housing rehabilitation programs funded by DHCD Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and other public/private sources or have the skills and the ability to quickly obtain it. Prior construction project management experience is preferred but not required. S/he should have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, and preference will be given for three years or more of relevant experience in one of the following: Community development, public administration, or social services. In addition, the Housing Rehab Program Manager should be a licensed Notary Public, or able to obtain Notary license. The Housing Rehab Program Manager will be accountable for maintaining many levels of detail which requires daily priority-setting and problem solving. Self-direction and the ability to manage multiple priorities with a high level of accuracy are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to manage complex budgets, and good computer skills are required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel is required along with some knowledge of Access. Familiarity with residential construction, septic system repair and bidding procedures preferred. S/he must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and have a positive attitude and enthusiastic nature to establish good working relationships with homeowners, contractors, consultants, and fellow employees. Prior grant writing experience is a plus.|