Hilltown Community Development Corporation
387 Main Road PO Box 17
CHESTERFIELD, MA 01012
Hilltown CDC seeks to improve the quality of life for Hilltown residents by addressing economic, housing, educational, social and community needs while preserving the rural character of the area.
|Salary Range:||Location:||CHESTERFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Management|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Responsibilities: The Property Manager will be responsible for the management of the Hilltown CDC’s affordable residential rental properties and offices. There is currently a total of 68 housing units at 9 locations in the towns of Chesterfield, Williamsburg, Goshen, Westhampton, Huntington, and Chester. These include three senior housing developments totaling 40 units and 28 units of housing for families and individuals with low and moderate incomes. |
Primary Duties: Property maintenance, communication, leasing, and regulatory compliance.
Property Maintenance and Tenant Communication:
• Schedule maintenance appointments and provide notice to tenants.
• Coordinate and manage contracts for repairs and maintenance.
• Work with Executive Director to coordinate preventive maintenance of the office building in Chesterfield, which includes the Hilltown CDC office and the Davenport Day Care Center.
• Review and approve invoices from contractors and utility companies.
• Work with financial staff to provide input into property management budgets and ensure that spending is in keeping with budgets.
• Assist in the development of capital improvement plans.
• Provide access to properties for all maintenance contractors, inspectors, and financing agency representatives.
• Respond to communication from tenants and work with other housing staff to facilitate resolution of tenant problems and complaints.
• Provide educational materials related to property maintenance to tenants.
Leasing and Application Process:
• Maintain waitlists for Hilltown CDC properties according to Affirmative Fair Marketing plans and conduct marketing activities when needed.
• Receive applications and assist individuals with the application process.
• Conduct initial screening for eligibility and complete income qualification process.
• Show apartments and answer applicant questions.
• Meet with applicant to review and complete lease.
• Complete Statement of Condition of Apartment and obtain tenant signature.
• Collect security deposit and first month rent, provide keys, key receipt, lead paint information, etc.
• Provide security deposit letters within 30 days of lease up.
• Send a security deposit disposition letter at least within 30 days of vacating.
• Perform Annual Income Re-Certification and lease renewal.
• Notify tenants of lease violations and provide guidance to tenants regarding corrective action.
• Issue 30-day Notice to Quit for lease violations and represent Hilltown CDC in court with attorney as needed.
• Submit quarterly rent rolls to funding agencies and other reporting as requested.
• Maintain virtual and paper files of all tenant information
Attend all meetings as required.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, typically fulfilled during regular business hours but with occasional evening or weekend hours required. $20-$22.50 per hour
How to Apply: Submit resume and cover letter by 10/23/2020 to Paul Lischetti, Hilltown CDC, PO Box 17 Chesterfield, MA 01012, or send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes accepted until position is filled
Hilltown CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|• Good people skills. Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with tenants, service providers, vendors, state and local officials, funders and colleagues. Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with tenants and others. |
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Strong quantitative skills including ability to determine income eligibility based on regulatory requirements.
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail including ability to maintain filing systems and records required by different programs.
• Ability to read and understand regulatory requirements.
• Ability to work with Microsoft Word and Excel and experience or ability to learn property management software.
• Physical ability to visually assess and physically inspect all floors of multi-story properties without an elevator.
• Valid driver’s license, and access to reliable transportation. Must be able and willing to drive to properties throughout the hilltown region.
• Commitment to Hilltown CDC mission to assist low- and moderate-income community residents.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Experience in property management, affordable housing, or a related field.
• Experience working in a non-profit setting with diverse employees and clientele a plus.