Hilltown Community Development Corporation
387 Main Road PO Box 17
CHESTERFIELD, MA 01012
Hilltown CDC seeks to improve the quality of life for Hilltown residents by addressing economic, housing, educational, social and community needs while preserving the rural character of the area.
|Salary Range:||Location:||CHESTERFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Support Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Provide case management services to five homeless households placed in Hilltown CDC rental units through the agency’s Continuum of Care Program and will fulfill reporting and administrative requirements associated with this program. The Housing Service Coordinator will also coordinate services to tenants in Hilltown CDC properties in the hilltown region and coordinate meetings of tenants and community members.|
Primary Duties: Housing and Tenant support
Homeless Support Services/Case Management:
1. Provide case management services to five homeless households including two veteran households as part of Hilltown CDC’s Continuum of Care (CoC) homeless services program.
2. Maintain client files with eligibility documentation, income verification, leases and communication.
3. Assist Property Manager in identifying new applicants in the event of vacancies.
4. Coordinate services with other community providers involved with the households.
5. Maintain accurate data on CoC tenants and complete Annual Progress Report using Social Solutions ETO HMIS (Housing Management Information Systems) database.
6. Represent Hilltown CDC at regional CoC program meetings.
Services to Other Hilltown CDC Tenants:
1. Assist Property Manager in identifying and coordinating services needed by Hilltown CDC tenants.
2. Assist Property Manager in resolving tenant conflicts.
3. Provide information to tenants regarding available services in the community.
4. Assist Property Manager and development staff in managing relationships and coordinating with tenants during construction and temporary relocation at the Chester Commons Development Project.
Coordinate Meetings with Tenants and Community Members:
1. Coordinate quarterly meetings of the Residents Council at Westhampton Woods Senior Housing and maintain minutes on file.
2. Coordinate Board meetings of Westhampton Woods Senior Housing approximately two times a year and maintain minutes on file.
3. Coordinate quarterly meetings of Goshen Senior Housing Advisory Council and maintain minutes on file.
4. Assist Property Manager and development staff in coordinating meetings with tenants at the Chester Commons Development Project.
Hours: 15-18 hours per week, typically fulfilled during regular business hours but with occasional evening or weekend hours required. $18-$21 per hour
How to Apply: Submit resume and cover letter by 10/23/20 to Paul Lischetti, Hilltown CDC, PO Box 17 Chesterfield, MA 01012, or send via e-mail to email@example.com. Resumes accepted until position is filled
Hilltown CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Knowledge of housing assistance and social service programs available locally.
• Good people skills. Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with tenants, service providers, and colleagues. Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with tenants and others.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail including ability to maintain filing systems and required records.
• Ability to work with Microsoft Word and Excel and experience or ability to learn HMIS software.
• Valid driver’s license, and access to reliable transportation. Must be able and willing to drive to properties throughout the hilltown region.
• Commitment to Hilltown CDC mission to assist low- and moderate-income community residents.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in social sciences or social work, or equivalent experience.
• Experience working with clients in a social service or mental health field.
• Experience in affordable housing a plus.
• Experience working in a non-profit or community development setting a plus.