Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||SPRINGFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Use your knowledge of behavioral health to assist law enforcement in responding to individuals experiencing behavioral health challenges!|
Become a part of our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Clinician in the Community Clinical Response Team program at Behavioral Health Network! Clinicians work with an interdisciplinary team, including clinical staff and law enforcement, to provide community-based care to individuals through immediate clinical intervention, including mental status, social functioning, and level of risk. They determine the need for Crisis treatment, consult with the clinical supervisor, and implement appropriate treatment or referral responses. Clinicians also work closely with youth and their families, identifying signs of mental health and substance abuse and performing risk evaluation, intervention, and de-escalation.
Clinicians use their knowledge of the Recovery-Oriented model, multi-modal therapies, family dynamics, and normal child, adolescent, and adult development in their work. They may also provide community-based care through effective and efficient telephone support, consultation, information, and referrals with law enforcement. Bilingual Clinicians may translate via phone and in person within the crisis and acute care programs. They determine if a higher level of clinical intervention is needed, and they complete all necessary paperwork in a clear, timely, and compliant manner.
Behavioral Health Network encourages Clinicians to engage with supervisory staff for training and development and to attend related seminars and conferences, enhancing their clinical, law enforcement, and justice system knowledge.
Community Clinical Response Team, one of the newest BHN programs, works collaboratively with law enforcement and Crisis staff to assist and alleviate law enforcement with mental health and crisis calls in the Springfield, MA area. BHN brings the mental health emergency responder personnel to individuals in need, creating a direct line of communication upon which law enforcement can rely.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
|Clinicians at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:|
• Knowledge of grief and trauma, specific to children and adolescents.
• Knowledge and application of the Recovery Oriented model, specific to those experiencing a mental health crisis.
• Strong motivational interviewing skills.
• Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team, and to follow through on individual tasks.
• Ability to learn how to complete mental status exam.
• Familiarity with internet, word processing and email systems (required).
• Empathic skills and ability to establish rapport with consumers, family members and service providers (required).
• Good observation, thorough documentation skills, ability to provide solution focused, strengths based treatment.
• Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation during each shift to provide expedited community based service response when appropriate and requested by law enforcement personnel (required).
• Flexibility in moving locations throughout the ESP/MCI catchment area, including the community based locations and assigned mobile locations regardless of location of set schedule.
• Crisis or psychiatric inpatient experience (preferred).
• Experience collaborating with law enforcement (preferred).
• Graduate of Clinical Master’s program (required).
• Licensed or license eligible (required).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhnworks.org and click on “Browse All Jobs” to apply!