880 Main St
WILLIAMSTOWN, MA 01267
|Salary Range:||Location:||WILLIAMSTOWN, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||CNA/RN/Medical|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Registered Nurse (Per Diem)|
Student Health Services
We are seeking a Registered Nurse for per diem work within our Student Health Center. These hours may include weekend/evening rotation during our months of operation. The Registered Nurse's responsibilities are to provide nursing services to students of Williams College who are visiting the Health Center. The Registered Nurse follows doctor orders, mid-level provider orders, as well as following Health Center established protocols within the scope of practice as a Registered Nurse licensed in Massachusetts.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assess, triage and provide nursing care and treatments including, but not limited to: allergy injections, immunizations, and nebulizer treatments
• Perform venipuncture, ECG testing, ImPact testing (pre and post-concussion) and travel education to students
• Arrange for student referrals and follow-up care as needed
• Maintain confidential medical records through our electronic health record, including tracking of lab tests and other results
• Communicate with providers during the weekend and evening when necessary
• Provide education to the students to instill lifelong skills of self-care, wellness and disease prevention
• Track, order and maintain supplies as needed
• Hours are varied; flexibility in work schedule is appreciated
• Registered Nurse with 5 years' experience in acute medical/surgical and/or ambulatory care setting
• Maintain continuing education credits (CEU's) as described in Massachusetts 244 CMR: BOARD OF REGISTRATION IN NURSING to maintain the Registered Nurse's license
• Excellent clinical, assessment and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must be committed to serving the college age population
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced ambulatory environment
• Experience working with an electronic health record preferred
Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. Band 19.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visit http://staff-careers.williams.edu. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at email@example.com.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.