One Short Street, Suite 3
NORTHAMPTON, MA 01060
A non-profit, arts-based magazine about culture and environment.
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Internet/Information Systems/New Media|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
Orion magazine, a nonprofit quarterly magazine about people and nature, seeks a Database Manager to join its creative and passionate team.
This position lies at the heart of Orion's relationships with readers and donors and is deeply important to all organizational activity related to circulation, fundraising, marketing, education, and relationship-building.
Orion’s Database Manager is responsible for Orion’s Salesforce instance and oversees Orion’s subscription fulfillment and renewal programs. They play a crucial role in Orion’s fundraising, subscription outreach, and customer service, working closely with the Strategic Director, Individual Giving Coordinator, Digital Strategist, and Business Manager. The position is occupied by a person who truly enjoys hands-on data management and derives professional satisfaction from maintaining a clean and elegant Salesforce instance. The database manager supervises other staff who perform data entry and performs data entry in their absence. They are alert to trends, relationships, and opportunities that emerge through their close contact with the data, and know when and how to communicate those insights clearly to their colleagues. They are committed to learning the full capacity of Orion’s Salesforce database and to helping steward a workplace environment that is data-driven and reader-centric.
Specific duties include:
1. Administrate Orion’s Salesforce instance.
2. Create/manage Salesforce integrations with third party apps such as WooCommerce and MailChimp.
3. Oversee the work of Orion's part-time database assistant (data entry and customer service) and perform that work in their absence.
4. Manage the circulation and fulfillment of Orion magazine.
5. Run Orion’s subscription renewal program, including monthly renewal efforts and several lapsed rejoin and gift subscription campaigns throughout the year.
6. Facilitate the use of Salesforce for Orion’s wider engagement purposes.
7. Manage Orion's workplace collaboration tools, including Slack, Zoom, GSuite, and TeamUp.
The database manager is based in Orion's Northampton, Massachusetts office, with in-state travel required up to 6 times/year.
Orion offers an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, and life insurance benefits, as well as paid time off for vacation, sick, personal, and volunteer time. Full-time exempt positions are based on a 36-hour week; the Orion office is closed on Friday afternoons.
Please carefully review the full job description and application instructions at orionmagazine.org/employment before applying.