60 Brookdale Street
Springfield, MA 01104
We believe individuals with disabilities and other societal disadvantages are an essential resource for our country’s future. Our mission is to help build a world in which individuals with disabilities and other disadvantages realize their full potential.
Viability will be a positive disruptive force in the marketplace leading the innovative designs of future service delivery for individuals with disabilities and other disadvantages to realize their full potential within their communities of choice.
|Salary Range:||Location:||HOLYOKE, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Class D Driver's License - Preference: Required|
|Position: Employment & Training Specialist 2–Full Time-Fluency in Spanish Required|
Location: Holyoke, MA
Rate of Pay: $17.25 per hour (plus additional $40 biweekly stiped for 2nd language)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:30am-4:30pm
Full-Time Training Specialist Summary: Play a key role in building relationships with corporate partners who are passionate about hiring people with disabilities in their industries. Work with employers to create and implement successful training programs to ensure successful, long term employment for the individuals who are hired. Assist members in learning the skills needed to gain and maintain successful employment.
• Build and maintain positive working relationship with corporate partners who are invested in hiring individuals with disabilities.
• Create and implement training programs to ensure successful employment for the individuals who gain employment
• Oversee the employment site and maintain quality of services delivered by Viability employees.
• Actively recruit participants to enroll in the training program and maintain good communication with funding sources.
• Completes record keeping for member payroll.
• Works as an active liaison between different Viability programs to ensure optimal access for members and staff across the agency.
• Provide access to an array of employment, job training and educational opportunities.
|Full-Time Training Specialist Qualifications: High School/GED or HiSET plus 5 years related experience OR Associate’s degree plus 3 year related experience OR Bachelor’s degree with 1 year related experience. Knowledge of and respect for diverse populations. |
Full-Time Training Specialist Requirements: Ability to use computers to include Microsoft Word, data entry, email, and internet essential. Valid driver’s license, 3 years driving experience, good driving record, use of vehicle with compulsory auto insurance and vehicle registration, and willingness to transport program members in personal and/or agency vehicle. Must be able to travel within the region to access residential settings, employers, and community organizations.