Greenfield Public Schools
195 Federal Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
Public School System
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||GREENFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Administrative/Clerical/Data Entry|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Welcome to the Greenfield Public Schools! The School Registrar is the first point of contact when enrolling new students and families. The successful applicant will be warm, professional, intelligent, resourceful, and respectful to the diverse families we serve. We are looking for someone with a minimum of 5 years' relevant experience. Must be flexible yet detail-oriented and enjoy working with a customer-service orientation to assist all incoming families. Bilingual English and Spanish a plus.|
Essential Job Duties Include: (These are meant to be illustrative, and are not a full or comprehensive list)
- In compliance with District policies and all applicable state and federal laws, enroll /withdraw students
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date student enrollment database at all times
- Answer parent calls and emails regarding enrollment and the district in a timely manner
- Prepare End-of-Year process and move students up into the correct school and grade.
- Store grades, assist in calculating honor roll, and trouble shoot for school staff as needed.
- Understand and enforce district policies and procedures and all applicable laws, including School Choice
- Accurately maintain the School Choice In and School Choice Out database
- Working with the appropriate staff, complete Master Scheduling at each school, including developing courses, sections, and entering students as needed.
- Ensure that new students are enrolled in a timely manner with reports given to the appropriate staff.
- Follow protocols to verify residency of students, and perform home visits/ residency checks as needed
- Regularly advise the Superintendent of relevant information and emerging trends in student enrollment
Job Duties Related to State Reporting Include:
- Working closely with the Student Information State staff member, ensure accuracy of student data for for all state reports, including Oct. 1st, March1st, and end-of year state submissions
- Prepare January 1st Student Attending Children Report for the state
- Ensure that all SIMS data fields are complete and accurate, including LASID and SASID, and provide accurate information for MCAS testing and other purposes
- Working with the ELL teachers, Guidance Counselors and secretaries, accurately report English as a Second Language, homeless, and Foster Care students to the state.
- Develop additional reports for the Superintendent and/or Business Manager as requested.
Other Job Duties:
- Other duties, as assigned.
HOURS: Mon-Fri, 8:00am-4:30pm
STARTING DATE: 2/1/2020
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:|
- Customer-service oriented, bilingual Spanish & English a "plus"
- Detail oriented, possesses excellent inter-personal as well as written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly and exhibit sound judgment at all times
- Demonstrates a reliable dependable, and trustworthy work ethic
- Ability to de-escalate difficult or emotional client situations
- Demonstrates a mature attitude and insight
- Excellent decision-making ability
- Enthusiastic mindset to take on non-related job duties as necessary and assigned
- Ability to work well under pressure, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks to meet deadlines
- Experience with and or understanding of life experiences regarding low income/ homelessness/English As a Second Language, Foster Care and Special Education students
- Computer proficiency required. Knowledge of software and applications, including but not limited to Student Data Management software such as PowerSchool is preferred
- Ability to learn new technologies and acquire new skills