21 Olander Drive
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|SHARED LIVING PROVIDER|
Hampshire, Hampden and Franklin Counties
ServiceNet, a fast-growing human services agency in the beautiful Pioneer Valley, is seeking Shared Living Providers to provide housing arrangements for our clients throughout Western Massachusetts. Shared Living is a service model of residential support where a person with an intellectual and/or developmental disability lives with and receives support from a compassionate caregiver, who will form a peer to peer bond with their client. In Shared Living, people live together as equals; involve each other in other relationships and activities outside the home, and together offer hospitality to others.
Each shared living arrangement is unique and tailored to match the individual family or provider dynamic, with the needs and interests of the client. The provider will benefit from resources and support from an assigned ServiceNet case manager.
The shared living set-up can vary based on the needs of our clients, for example:
1. SL providers can still work full-time day jobs. Many consumers have advanced life skills and just need guidance, not full-time support. Also most of these client’s work or go to day programs during the day.
2. Other SLP arrangements can be exclusively care giving, as some clients need more care and assistance. This type of arrangement is best for a provider that does not have other full-time commitments.
The SL model is developed to create a peer to peer support relationship between the provider and the client. Providers are required to attend activities that include clients in their community. Providers are also important participants in the health care of their client, as they to help facilitate and interpret doctor’s instructions.
ServiceNet will provide an additional stipend so the SLP can hire respite workers to come to their home to provide care for their client when on vacation. References for respite providers can also be provided.
The shared living model is constructed as a mutually beneficial relationship between the client and the provider. This position offers a generous stipend starting at $30,000 per year. Providers also benefit from resources, mentorship, and support from ServiceNet case managers.
• Creativity, enthusiasm, and a passionate drive to make a difference in the world
• Ability to connect with people
• A deep belief in the potential of every human being
• Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and vehicle
• Must own or rent a home with an available bedroom.
• Home must meet DDS requirements (Hiring Manager will discuss in more detail)
• Physical ability to perform the requirements of the position including CPR (training provided)
• Good communication and computer skills.
• Willingness to commit to providing house for at least 1 year
To apply: Please send resume and letter of interest describing you living arrangement to noting Search #405 in the subject line.
ServiceNet is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be a tobacco-free employer.