479 Main St
Greenfield, MA 01301
The New England Learning Center for Women in Transition (NELCWIT)
is the rape crisis and domestic violence center of Franklin County and the North Quabbin.
We are here to serve survivors, of every race, gender, class and background.
All our survivor services are free of charge.
We do not require health insurance or proof of citizenship.
Our services are available in English and Spanish;
we have access to a multi-language interpreter program for other languages as well.
Our buildings are wheelchair accessible.
|Salary Range:||Location:||$15+ Per Hour||GREENFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
•Excellent computer skills •Organizational skills •Excellent written and oral communication skills - Preference: Nice to have|
|The Franklin County Children’s Visitation Program offers supervised visits for children and their non-custodial parents in a safe, non-threatening environment. Families participating in the FCCVP are referred by the Franklin Probate Court and/or the Department of Children and Families when it is unsafe for non-custodial parents to have unmonitored contact with their children. |
Relief Supervised Visitation Monitors are called as needed when regular staff are unable to cover their shifts. Monitors are supervised by the FCCVP Director, and are responsible for supervising visits between children and their non-custodial parents. This position requires working on Saturdays
|• Ensure a safe environment where children can visit with the non-custodial/visiting parent without fear of emotional, psychological or physical harm.|
• Ensure all program participants follow the FCCVP Ground Rules, policies and guidelines; intervene and/or redirect as needed during the visit to avoid or minimize violations.
• Greet the non-custodial parent, custodial parent and child(ren) at the beginning of each visit; escort the child(ren) to and from the visit.
• Take objective, non-judgmental Observation Notes based on actual observations and conversations to document what has taken place before, during and after each visit.
• Request information from program participants to complete intake forms.
• Provide feedback to custodial and non-custodial parties as needed and relate relevant information to Program Director.
• Work with Director of FCCVP to assist in ongoing operations including preparation of center for visits and setting up visiting rooms and restoring classrooms to original conditions.
• Attend meetings for supervision and ongoing training.
• Maintain confidentiality and adhere to agency mission, philosophies and policies.
• All other related duties as assigned by supervisor.