Yankee Candle/Newell Brands
25 Greenfield Road
South Deerfield, MA 01373
|Salary Range:||Location:||SOUTH DEERFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Accounting/Finance/Auditing|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|The FP&A Manager – Supply Chain Finance will play an integral role in the manufacturing and distribution network of the Home Fragrance division. Specifically, the FP&A Manager – Supply Chain Finance will collaborate with a global network of finance professionals to coordinate monthly financial close activities, the ongoing financial planning process, Corporate Operating Review reporting and business analysis to deliver clear visibility of the business’ operational performance, strategic insights and decision support.|
The Supply Chain of Newell Brands $1 billion global Home Fragrance business encompasses 4 manufacturing sites, 5 distribution centers plus outside logistics providers, a sizeable product portfolio consisting of both internally and externally manufactured product and has grown with two acquisitions since 2017 and several Logistics insourcing initiatives. This role is key in leading the integration of these operations into existing operating rhythms and driving strong transparent operational and financial reporting.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of driving business results and demonstrated financial capability in a supply chain environment. Also, the successful candidate must be hands-on, comfortable with tactical execution and possess a process improvement mindset.
• Oversee monthly financial close including analysis of operating results and Corporate management reporting for Home Fragrance’s global supply chain.
• Continue to integrate Home Fragrance financial analysis and reporting processes into Newell Brands’ operating rhythms, such as monthly gross margin walks, Cost of Failure reporting and other Corporate operating review processes.
• Coordinate the short term and annual financial planning process for Supply Chain with colleagues – including weekly, quarterly, annual and year-to-go budgets and forecasts – in accordance with divisional and corporate timetables/deadlines.
• Oversee weekly reporting & review of results including review with the Senior Director, North America Supply Chain and his direct staff with a focus on identifying root cause of key variances and other operational issues
• Assist in integrating new acquisitions and sites into Supply Chain finance processes
• Drive transition to global view of Supply Chain analytics with increased connectivity with EMEA and Asia/Pacific.
• Coordinate consistent review approaches for capital expenditure proposals and provide recommendations on prioritization, including use of financial modeling techniques such as IRR, cash flow, NPV, scenario and sensitivity analysis.
• Provide financial support for the Purchasing team including PPV and cash discount forecasting/reporting.
• Demonstrate and drive a culture of continuous improvement in finance processes, including robust analytic capabilities, costing system improvements, improving transparency of reporting while seeking opportunities to simplify and standardize across the organization.
• Aggregation and sharing of best practices across category teams.
• Demonstrate Supply Chain expertise and adapt quickly to changing business needs.
• BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance, MBA preferred but not required.
• 4+ years of applicable supply chain finance experience (Manufacturing, Sourcing and/or Logistics), previous experience with Consumer Products company preferred but not required.
• Analytical skills: Rock solid ability to analyze complex problems using data from multiple sources, ability to synthesize complex data.
• Ability to apply concepts in scenarios with limited data/reporting tools.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Effectively prioritizes multiple demands, ability to be flexible during high workload periods.
• Drive for results, “Go-getter” leadership skills.
*Please note this position at times works with Fragrance in the air
*Approximately 5-15% travel required
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.