Yankee Candle/Newell Brands
25 Greenfield Road
South Deerfield, MA 01373
|Salary Range:||Location:||Whately MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Maintenance|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Come join our Mechanical Team!|
We’re currently recruiting for Manufacturing Maintenance Technicians at various levels for the following shifts:
- Weekend Days: Friday & Monday 5:30AM – 2:00PM, Saturday & Sunday 5:30AM – 6:00PM
- Weekend Nights: Friday & Monday 5:30PM – 2:00AM, Saturday & Sunday 5:30PM – 6:00AM
The Maintenance Technician is focused on maintenance, modifications and new installations of equipment and mechanical systems within the Yankee Candle manufacturing facility. This position will service manufacturing equipment by performing general maintenance, inspections, necessary repairs, and troubleshooting tasks.
• Communicates and works directly with engineering on repairs/diagnostics and equipment modifications.
• Maintains all plant and production equipment by using analytical troubleshooting specifically of mechanical components and systems. Inspects equipment, structures, or materials to identify root cause of errors or other problems or defects. Makes repairs based on inspection/analytical trouble shooting.
• Leads, manages and plans complex equipment installations.
• Trains and mentors appropriate individuals within manufacturing facility.
• Displays high level of understanding of mechanics, mechanical systems and robotics to diagnose complicated problems.
• Works with electrical technicians and assists with electronic and mechanical repairs or diagnostics of machinery and systems. This may include electronic repairs as well as mechanical.
• Installs components, units and mechanical devices following specifications.
• Uses a basic understanding of mechanics, mechanical systems and robotics to diagnose problems.
• Uses hand, power, and pneumatic tools as well as electronic testing equipment.
• With assistance, fabricates or modifies mechanical components, jigs and test fixtures under direction or from supplied sketches, drawings or blueprints. Utilizing complex machining and machine tool setups including but not limited to MIG, TIG Arc Welding, equipment rigging procedures, industrial piping and other mechanical installations.
|Minimum Qualifications: |
• Degree from a Technical HS mechanical technology or equivalent certification or Equivalent Experience.
• 2 – 7 years of related maintenance experience.
• Ability to stand for 8 plus hours and able to lift up to 60 pounds on a frequent basis.
• Must be able to read and follow complicated mechanical parts, diagrams and blueprints.
• Knowledge and use of hand tools, machine tools and various other analytical devices for troubleshooting mechanical systems.
• Experience working in an industrial equipment repair and maintenance environment.
• Solid computer skills and be able to use Microsoft Windows, Excel, & Word.
• Previous working experience with CMMS.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.