Youth Program Facilitator

MORE JOBS
MORE JOBS IN HUMAN SERVICES

Print Email Save

Girls Inc. of the Valley
6 Open Square Way
HOLYOKE, MA 01040
Phone:(413) 532-6247
Website: Click Here

Company Description:
Girls Inc. empowers, educates, and guides girls forward, helping them navigate the challenges in their lives on the way to becoming strong, smart, self-reliant women. We offer a supportive all-girls environment, trained professionals, committed mentors, and programs that are proven to produce results.
Youth Program Facilitator
$17.72 Per Hour
HOLYOKE, MA
Part Time
Human Services
Associate Degree
Preferred
Drivers License - Preference: Required

Girls Inc. of the Valley is seeking creative, energetic individuals who are passionate about inspiring all girls* to be strong, smart, and bold! Research-based curricula, delivered by trained professionals, equip youth to achieve academically; lead healthy and physically active lives; manage money; navigate media messages; and discover an interest in science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM). Girls Inc. of the Valley is an independent affiliate of the national Girls Inc. organization, the nation’s leading expert on issues affecting girls and young women. (*Please see our website at www.girlsincvalley.org to learn more about our inclusive gender statement.)

POSITION DESCRIPTION: Youth Program Facilitators lead high quality programs for Girls Inc. participants in our Holyoke Program Center and in our school-based programs throughout Holyoke, Chicopee, and Springfield. Primary responsibilities include group facilitation and group management, program development, and administrative tasks. Programs take place primarily during the school day and after-school hours. Some evening and weekend hours will be required with advance notice. These positions are mostly in-person, with the possibility for occasional remote work.

Elementary School Program: Responsible for program development and delivery for participants in grades K-5. Topics include STEAM, health & wellness, sports, academic success, and social-emotional focused programming.
Middle and High School Programs: About 70% of programming derives from our Health Sexuality curriculum with the remaining 30% encompassing a variety of youth development programs geared toward participants in grades 6-12. Activities may include academic support, advocacy, leadership, and life skills.

QUALIFICATIONS:
• College degree or working toward degree in education, science, technology, business
administration, early childhood development, psychology, social work, or a related field highly desired; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
• One or more years of experience working in a youth development program including summer program, out-of-school environment, early childhood development, school system or a related field.
• Collaborative, optimistic, energetic, individual who enjoys working with teens
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
• Ability to diffuse and manage stressful situations.
• Ability to communicate, support and work with students with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
• An awareness of and commitment to the educational and cultural benefits of social justice education and cross-culturally adept environments.
• Computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Flexibility in hours, including some evening and weekend assignments.

TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, résumé, and names/contact information of three references to Shante Alamo, Program Administrative Assistant, at salamo@girlsincvalley.org. Applications accepted on rolling basis. Posting will be removed when positions are filled.

Apply on Company Website