Town of Amherst
4 Boltwood Avenue
Amherst, MA 01002
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||AMHERST, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Government/Public Service|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
Serves as Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator performing a variety of semi-skilled and skilled technical and maintenance work in the operation, maintenance, and repairs of the wastewater treatment facilities and pumping stations.
1. Assists Shift Supervisor in the general operation of the treatment facilities.
2. Operates sludge processing equipment, loads tankers with processed sludge. Collects screenings, grit and trash to be disposed of at the Town’s Transfer Station.
3. Monitors the performance of all equipment, gauges, charts and controllers in the treatment plant and pump stations; records data concerning plant operations; maintains, operates, repairs and replaces equipment as necessary.
3. Operates and maintains wastewater treatment facility, pump stations, sludge processing equipment and insures proper operation and supply of chemical feed systems.
4. Collects samples and tests chemical, physical, or biological characteristics of wastewater required in accordance with local, state and federal agencies.
5. Performs preventative and breakdown maintenance, landscaping, snow removal, cleaning, painting, and building maintenance duties at the treatment facility and pump stations. Fills, drains, and hoses outdoor tanks.
7. Maintains safe work environment by keeping the workplace clean and by maintaining knowledge of all physical, chemical, and biological safety hazards in the workplace. Maintains safe work habits including ensuring that all safety equipment is worn and used properly.
8. Performs all other related duties as required.
|Valid State Driver's License. Must possess or be able to attain 2B Hydraulic License, Commonwealth of Massachusetts Grade 4 Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator’s license, and a CDL-B license. Most obtain at least one license within the first year of hire, and possess all three licenses within 2 years of hire.|