Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||SPRINGFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Are you skilled & educated in vocational counseling and passionate about helping individuals reach their career goals?|
Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as an Educational & Vocational Specialist in the PACT program at Behavioral Health Network!
Your experience, knowledge and great skills will support the PACT program with the following:
• Monitoring the health and well-being of individuals served.
• Assisting with all aspects of medication treatment and administration.
• Completing initial assessments, treatment plans and reviews, & financial management plans.
• Planning and providing work-related supportive services, such as assistance with job seeking, grooming and personal hygiene, wake-up calls, transportation, rehabilitation, and job coaching to the individuals served.
• Providing individual vocational-supportive counseling to help individuals identify vocational strengths and problems, establish vocational or career goals and plans to reach them, and recognize and target symptoms of mental illness that interfere with work.
• Assisting individuals with obtaining outreach services & benefits counseling (e.g.: SSI, veteran’s benefits) & enhancing their social support networks.
• Serving as the primary case manager for assigned caseload, and act as primary implementer of strategies.
• Provide crisis intervention and emergency services, as needed.
Who are we?
The PACT program provides clinical support of an in-patient team in the community. PACT is a highly integrated outreach program that helps adults meet their goals and reduce hospitalizations. The PACT team is forensic –focused and is designed to reduce arrests and incarcerations and also operated as a 24/7 group residence for five individuals.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Reasons to work with BHN:
• Work with an agency who does amazing things for others
• You will be able to change a person’s life
• You will expand your experience in various areas of mental & behavioral health
• You will have the opportunity to grow within the agency
• You will not be bored with our fast-paced environment
• You will have excellent benefits package & time off benefits available
Our employees are the most important asset in improving the lives of the individuals we serve. Our staff not only enjoy outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for community involvement, diversity, the opportunity to gain highly marketable skills, and to take on challenges.
|What are we looking for in an Educational & Vocational Specialist?|
• Commitment to empowerment and growth, human rights, and community integration of individuals served (required).
• Master’s Degree in Vocational / Rehabilitation Counseling (required).
• Minimum of six months of experience in human services (preferred).
• Valid driver's license and a reliable car available for working hours (required).
• Must obtain and maintain MAP certification within introductory period of employment.
• Available to work on weekends, second shifts and holiday, as needed and serve as a part of 24/7 on-call rotation.
How do I apply to be an Educational & Vocational Specialist?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhnworks.org and click on “Browse All Jobs” to apply!
BHN maintains its commitment to social justice and diversity and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.