Elder Services of Berkshire Cty, Inc.
877 South Street Suite 4E
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Website:Elder Services of Berkshire County Inc.
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||PITTSFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Accounting/Finance/Auditing|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|The Accountant/Fiscal Supervisor supervises the Fiscal Department including accounts payable, receivable and payroll. Other responsibilities include: preparing, examining and analyzing accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with reporting and procedural standards. Reviews accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences. Prepares adjusting journal entries. Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures. Prepares monthly financial statements for all funds. Performs internal audits and prepares documentation for external audit.|
|Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field and 1-3 years’ work experience required. Preferred experience working in non-profit business accounting.|
• Integrity; Dependable with attention to detail
• Cooperation –position requires being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills
• Proven project management skills, deadline oriented, strong organizational skills
• Ability to learn quickly and assume responsibility for required tasks
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite especially Microsoft Excel and Word
• Experience with Accounting Software