Pittsfield Plastics Engineering, LLC
1510 West Housatonic St.
P,.O. Box 1246
PITTSFIELD, MA 01202
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||PITTSFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Manufacturing/Production|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|• Changeover, repair and troubleshoot all plant production equipment (injection molding and all associated equipment; varies by plant)|
• Expert utilization of shop equipment and tools.
• Ability to read and understand OEM manuals and drawings.
• Support of equipment installation, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
• Identification of complex problems with mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, hydraulic issues on all associated equipment (conveyors, compressors, chillers, programmable controllers, robots); review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Complete Preventative Maintenance activities based on OEM recommendations, experience and corporate guidelines. Ensure consistent completion of PM’s
• Determine critical spare parts necessary per machine to minimize risk. Order spare parts or services as required.
• Monitor and maintain plant equipment in optimal condition to ensure maximum efficiency.
• Observe, adhere and participate in all plant Environmental, Health and Safety activities.
• Train others on proper methods of machine operation, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance activities
All other activities as assigned.
|Education: - Minimum High School Diploma (or GED/High School Certification); prefer Technical School Certification|
Work Experience: - 3-5 years relevant manufacturing experience in plastics technology or a similar technical area
- Previous leadership/supervisory experience preferred
Qualifications: Must pass preplacement physical and drug test
Hard Skills: - Strong mechanical maintenance experience and strong knowledge hand and power tools
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Good working knowledge of computer systems, including MS Office.
Soft Skills: - Ability to clearly communicate technical system issues
- Good “hands on” working approach
- Able to work independently, identify problems and improve
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and complete in a timely manner with limited supervision
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours and weekends as business demands