Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||SPRINGFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full / Part Time||Home Healthcare|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Behavioral Health Network is seeking qualified candidates to join our growing In Home Behavioral Services team. BHN is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.|
• Provides high quality clinical services, as well as family and collateral consultation on assigned cases.
• Conducts structured interviews with referred youth, family and collateral providers culminating in a written functional behavioral assessment.
• Develops a specific focused behavior intervention plan (BIP) designed to diminish, extinguish, or improve specific identified behaviors.
• Maintains a direct service productivity of 70% of available time.
• Provides collateral consultation including but not limited to attending IEP, ICP and other treatment planning meetings.
• Provides services in client homes, health care clinics, schools, and other community settings as needed.
• Models for the parent/caregiver and other providers how to implement identified strategies from the BIP.
• Works closely with the Behavior Management Monitor to ensure the BIP is implemented as developed, and makes necessary revisions/adjustments/updates to the plan.
• Participates as needed in Care Planning Team (CPT) meetings for youth enrolled in ICC or other clinical hub provider in order to support identified goal(s).
• Demonstrates working knowledge of community resources, and how to help clients access them.
|Job Knowledge: |
• Experience in Applied Behavioral Analysis:
• conducting functional behavioral assessments (FBA) of youth with serious emotional and behavioral disturbances that include: observing and analyzing behavior in settings where the behavior is naturally occurring; evaluating specific antecedent stimuli and consequences; and understanding the values, skills, and resources of those who are responsible for implementing the behavior plan
• selecting interventions and strategies based on the results of the FBA and designing behavior plans that include intensive behaviorally oriented interventions;
• evaluating progress based on both qualitative and quantitative data and making adjustments to the behavior plan as needed;
• working with parents/caregivers and paraprofessional staff in homes and other community-based settings to implement behavior plans using techniques grounded in principles of positive behavior support (PBS) and/or applied behavioral analysis (ABA) with an aim toward extinguishing a wide range of challenging behaviors and increasing more socially acceptable behaviors that are age or developmentally appropriate.
•Board certified behavior analyst (BCBA) with Massachusetts license (Licensed Applied Behavior Analyst-LABA) or certification/license eligible within 1 year.
•Ability to use basic computer programs, such as Microsoft Word, for documentation purposes.
•Must have familiarity with internet, word processing and email systems.
•Must have a valid driver’s license with a verified clean driving record.
•Must have a reliable vehicle available for work.
•Must be over the age of 21.
•Qualified BCBA supervision is provided.
Schooling or Equivalent:
• Minimum requirements: Master’s degree in a mental health field and two (2) years experience in the field of behavioral analysis.
If you are interested in this opportunity please visit www.bhnworks.org and click on “Browse All Jobs” to apply!