Hampshire Regional YMCA
286 Prospect St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|Camp Norwich is located on 137 beautiful acres of fields and forests with 1/3 mile of shoreline on crystal clear Lake Norwich. Only 20 minutes from Northampton, our camp includes nature trails, a low ropes course, large program buildings, and athletic fields and courts.|
At YMCA Day Camp Norwich our goal is to prepare children for the challenges of today and tomorrow through programs that develop individuals, strengthen families, and build safe, caring communities. Camper relationships are our main focus. This is why campers attend daily activities together in small groups of 10-14 campers with 2 counselors. Throughout their time at camp, campers explore all age appropriate activities in the supportive environment of their small group.
Camp Sessions (candidate does not have to be available for all sessions):
Session One: 6/24-7/5
Session Two: 7/8-7/19
Session Three: 7/22-8/2
Session Four: 8/5-8/16
Session 5A: 8/19-8/23
Session 5B: 8/26-8/30
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
1. Provide health care to meet individual needs of camp staff and campers.
? Manage the administration of all medication for campers or staff at camp
? In cases of absence, provide a detailed overview to Camp Director on medical needs of those staying.
? Follow standard health care practice in nursing/Paramedic profession according to state regulations.
2. Organize, maintain, and utilize adequate resources for serving the health and medical needs of the campers and staff.
3. Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to state standards and regulations.
? Ensure staff and camper health examinations are current and on file.
? Prepare and utilize daily medical log for treatment and medications.
? Prepare and record insurance and accident report forms.
4. Oversee First Aid procedures and supplies.
5. Ensure a staff orientation session is delivered on medical services.
6. Screen all campers and staff who are arriving and departing camp.
1. Application, which can be found on our website: https://www.hrymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Employment-Application-fillable-spring-2019.pdf
Please email your application, resume and cover letter to sovina.mansfield @hrymca.org
Or mail/in person,
Attn: Sovina Mansfield
• Must possess a current RN or LPN licensed or Paramedic certification in the US
Benefits include a free membership to the Y and more