21 Olander Drive
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|FLEX Residential Counselor|
Mental Health Recovery Services Division
Franklin County Programs
If you enjoy bringing out the best in people, and are up for a challenge and the rewards that come with it, consider joining ServiceNet’s extraordinary residential team. The person hired into this position as a Flex Counselor will be deployed to work within our Franklin County residential programs.
What is a Flex Counselor?
Flex Counselors are hired into a specified schedule and are deployed to cover shifts within a specific geographic region as needed. Flex Counselors may cover a vacancy in a residential program until the position is filled. Or Flex Counselors may fill in when a regular staff is out for vacation, sick or leave time.
Residential Counselors work with people in mental health recovery living in 24 hour residential programs. Our focus is to assist program participants with their goals in order for them to become increasingly independent. Tasks include working with participants in the program, taking people to appointments, helping to develop meaningful activities in the house, engaging participants in the activities required for daily living
• Compassion for people who have mental health challenges
• Must be MAP certified.
• Valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• One year of experience working as a residential counselor required.
• Basic computer skills including the ability to write intelligible case notes using the electronic health record
• Physical ability to perform the requirements of this position.
Total = 40 hours
WHAT WE OFFER:
We provide a paid orientation, and training to obtain certification in First Aid and CPR.
Our starting wage of $13.50/hour a $.40 wage differential will be paid for MAP certification, we offer:
• a generous time-off package;
• comprehensive, low-deductible health and dental insurance plans;
• a 403(B) retirement plan, with employer matching;
• Long-term disability benefits; paid life insurance; tuition assistance; and several more benefit options.
Please email your resume and cover letter, and schedule you are interested in, noting Search #136 in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
ServiceNet is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be a tobacco-free employer.