296 Nonotuck Street
Florence, MA 01062
|Salary Range:||Location:||Per Year||FLORENCE, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|Job purpose |
Participate as a member of the medical service delivery team in the health management and treatment of men and women seeking medical services with Tapestry. Supervise and evaluate the day-to-day operational activities of a Tapestry health services site. Ensure quality service delivery, client satisfaction and maintenance of facilities. Represent the agency in the community and promote the programs and services of the agency.
Duties and responsibilities
• Hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff. Become familiar with union contract language to ensure proper working relationship with Union and Management.
• Assure the efficient functioning of all site services in compliance with federal, state and local rules and regulations, medical protocols and policies.
• Monitor service delivery and make recommendations for change based on customer satisfaction and program efficiencies.
• Utilize data to assist in creating effective, efficient, well-performing sites.
• Implement Regional Quality Assurance program protocols and directives to assure highquality, safe service delivery.
• Provide accurate, timely reports as required.
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with community, educational and social service agencies that promote the services of the agency. Keep management informed on local issues/developments that could impact Tapestry.
• Report to DCF abuse of minor clients.
• Maintain site referral information on other medical services.
• Oversee that Pap, breast, medical and other related program follow-up and tracking is occurring per protocol,
• Provide reproductive health counseling, pelvic exams, routing testing/screening, gynecological problems, STIs, HIV/AIDS, PrEP, contraceptive methods, ECP, pregnancy testing and options counseling, explain exam results, counsel on proper use and possible side effects of medication and birth control, and distribute appropriate information sheets and provide clients with referrals as needed.
• Document all information in electronic medical record and on logs per protocol
• Responsible for compliance with billing and banking procedures at the sites including establishing fees according to agency’s sliding fee scale, collection and deposits of money due from clients.
• Attend agency meetings and trainings
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BA degree required or five years or more supervisory experience required, MA preferred.
• At least two years’ experience in program management and personnel administration preferably in the health care arena.
• Commitment to customer service and satisfaction. Strong interpersonal skills required
• Excellence in organizational skills, and communication skills, written and verbal
• Ability to work with diverse staff and communities.
• Ability to work with a diverse clientele and staff, and to work as part of a team.
• Computer skills, experience with an EMR preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish/English), preferred
• Valid driver’s license
• Access to reliable transportation
• Supports the mission and goals of the agency.
Job requires some evening hours weekly and occasional weekends. Occasional occurrences of dealing professionally with challenging clients is required
• Able to sit at a desk to use computer, general administrative duties and make phone calls for 4 plus hours per day.
• Able to stand for 4 plus hours/day,
• Able to sit for 4 plus hours/day
• Able to walk to offices within the clinic site to deliver services.
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Interns and Volunteers