Hope & Feathers Framing and Gallery
319 Main Street
Amherst, MA 01002
Hope & Feathers offers expert custom framing to artists, art lovers, and anyone looking to preserve and display their favorite things. The staff are highly skilled designers and have been crafting one-of-a-kind frames for over three decades. They also offer in-house archival printing and photo restoration services, and feature local artists in monthly exhibits in their 300 sq ft gallery space.
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||AMHERST, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Creative|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Hope & Feathers is looking for a full-time custom picture framer! Are you an experienced picture framer looking to join a shop of hard-working, design-minded, hound-dog loving individuals? |
To be considered, applicants must supply all of the following information via email:
- A cover letter highlighting your interest in art, framing and printing.
- A detailed resume outlining your past work experiences.
- Availability to work approx 35-40 hours a week
PLEASE DO NOT CALL or APPLY IN PERSON.
|- Minimum of 1-year professional picture framing experience, including customer design experience and frame building skills.|
- Knowledge of common types of art and how to approach design and frame construction.
- A love and passion for helping customers.
- Experience working with framing equipment, including joiners, CMC’s, saws, mounting press, etc.
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on challenges as well as a desire to grow in the position.
- Ability to confidently communicate proper framing concepts to customers.
- Willingness to promote a clean, organized, and safe workplace.
- Willingness to turn out exceptional work at a steady pace.
- Ability to perform some physical duties – lifting and walking up and down flights of stairs, and standing for entire shift.