Center for EcoTechnology
112 Elm Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
The Center for EcoTechnology (CET) helps people and businesses save energy and reduce waste. We make green make sense.
For 40 years we’ve offered proven advice and resources to save you money, make you more comfortable at home, and help your business perform better.
As a non-profit 501(c)(3), CET works with partners throughout the region to help transform the way we live and work for a better community, economy, and environment – now and for the future.
We provide practical solutions that save energy, materials and money and have a positive impact on our environment and community. We serve residents, business and communities in the areas of energy efficiency and waste reduction and through our retail store, EcoBuilding Bargains.
|Salary Range:||Location:||SPRINGFIELD MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Energy/Utilities|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
CEM, BPI Multifamily, or equivalent certification - Preference: Nice to have|
|The Commercial Energy Efficiency Analyst supports the implementation of energy efficiency programs that deliver direct installation of lighting, HVAC, building envelope or control technologies throughout the southern New England region. The Commercial Energy Efficiency Analyst performs audits and recommends energy savings measures. The Analyst manages numerous projects simultaneously and works closely with commercial clients and the utilities. The Commercial Energy Efficiency Analyst supports business development efforts and proactively seeks new project opportunities. For 40 years, CET has helped people and businesses save energy and reduce waste. We are passionate about our environmental mission and pride ourselves on offering innovative, practical and cost-effective solutions.|
• The Commercial Energy Efficiency Analyst performs audits of commercial and industrial facilities throughout the region, with the ability to perform ASHRAE level II audits unassisted if needed. Assesses existing equipment and facilities. Analyzes client utility data and generates energy baselines, consumption trend analysis and load profiling.
• Quantifies energy savings for projects in our programs using standard engineering principles using spreadsheet calculations, EQuest modeling or similar. Communicates with customers to obtain the information needed to complete calculations and reports.
• In collaborations with the energy team and management, develops project scope and makes recommendations for improving energy efficiency.
• Remains up to date on the progress of all projects and deliverables. Provides general project oversight, quality control/assurance, and continuously informs customers and project team of updates and necessary adjustments. Locates appropriate industry contractors as required.
• Performs technical review of engineering studies to ensure that all data, assumptions, calculations and recommendations are accurate. Oversees technical feedback related to utility commission documents, filings, and program evaluations.
• Performs outreach and maintains customer relations. Pursues opportunities for similar assessments for other facilities. Works closely with Sales team to evaluate and set up new customers.
• Identifies and delivers on opportunities to improve our technical work products and processes.
What We Offer
This is a full-time salary exempt position. This job comes with excellent benefits including vacation, holiday, and personal/sick time; medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; and a retirement plan with a company match. We are serious and professional about what we do, and we cultivate a friendly and supportive environment to help us achieve our mission impact goals.
The Center for EcoTechnology is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit in Hampshire County, “the other side of Massachusetts.” If you already live here, you know why you love it. If you are currently somewhere else, then this might be the place you’ve been looking for. Why do we love it? We’ve got the “Five Colleges,” arts, culture, night life, great schools, diversity, and amenities you’d expect from a big city. Plus, it’s beautiful. And there’s no traffic. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
What You Offer
You have a commitment to CET’s non-profit environmental mission. You have a minimum two years of relevant experience and, preferably, you have a CEM, BPI Multifamily or equivalent certification and familiarity with commercial HVAC equipment, building controls, and lighting. Ideally you have knowledge of or experience performing ASHRAE Level II commercial energy audits. You have strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and some knowledge of database tools such as SQL. Bachelor’s degree required, degree in physical science or engineering preferred. Working knowledge or ability to learn state and federal energy programs and incentives. CRM software experience required, Salesforce experience preferred.
You must be able to manage important and complex technical work independently and with minimal technical supervision. Strong interpersonal skills including listening and speaking, the talent to win people’s trust, as well as the ability to translate technical language and ideas into accessible language. You must have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license and use of reliable, registered and insured vehicle with the space to transport supplies and equipment. Must have own smart phone. Must be able to pass drug test and background check.
In 2016 we exceeded our three-year mission impact goals of helping 80,000 people save one million dollars and reducing their impact on the environment equal to taking 100,000 cars off the road and 40,000 homes off the grid for a year! CET is an equal opportunity employer and provider. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. You may include military service assignments and any verified work performed on a volunteer basis.