Center for EcoTechnology
112 Elm Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
The Center for EcoTechnology (CET) helps people and businesses save energy and reduce waste. We make green make sense.
For 40 years we’ve offered proven advice and resources to save you money, make you more comfortable at home, and help your business perform better.
As a non-profit 501(c)(3), CET works with partners throughout the region to help transform the way we live and work for a better community, economy, and environment – now and for the future.
We provide practical solutions that save energy, materials and money and have a positive impact on our environment and community. We serve residents, business and communities in the areas of energy efficiency and waste reduction and through our retail store, EcoBuilding Bargains.
|Salary Range:||Location:||FLORENCE, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Professional|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|The Center for EcoTechnology is looking for a Commercial Account Representative to meet or exceed sales goals in assigned programs. The Commercial Account Representative will secure sales through cold calling and physical site visits, as well as provide outreach, education, and technical assistance throughout the sales process. This position will be responsible for providing superior customer service by developing and maintaining constructive relationships with customers and collaborating with team members and other departments as needed. The Representative will also be responsible for obtaining and communicating market information to their supervisor.|
- Business Development: Apply knowledge and experience of assigned territory to identify leads, manage prospects, and acquire new business. Develop and maintains constructive relationships with customers. Using a sales-driven approach with a well-crafted delivery, explain CET’s mission and the positive environmental impact and energy savings opportunities for customers. Cross-sell services throughout the CET coverage area
- Use marketing data from applicable sales management software tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness. Meet and exceed sales call quota; secure sales and meet or exceed sales goals. Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for mission impact and revenue growth. Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly. Report frequently to supervisor with summary of sales activity. Maintain accurate records in CRM database, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices, and other documentation
- Project Management: Remain up to date on the progress of all projects and deliverables, working with Program Specialists and Energy Analysts as appropriate. May locate appropriate industry contractors. Manage numerous projects simultaneously. Ensure that client projects comply with appropriate utility program requirements to qualify for program incentives or rebates
- Technical Review: Provide accurate information to technical services team when handing off projects. Review calculations, studies, and reports prepared by engineers, vendors, or contractors that document energy usage and potential energy savings of equipment and building changes to ensure that all data, assumptions, calculations, and recommendations are accurate.
- Participate in appropriate industry associations. Attend industry trade shows and meetings to cultivate relationships and promote CET’s services
- Other duties as assigned
What We Offer
This is a full-time hourly non-exempt position. This job comes with excellent benefits including vacation, holiday, and personal/sick time; medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; and a retirement plan with a company match. We cultivate a friendly and supportive environment to help us achieve our mission impact goals.
What You Offer
You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in sales, preferably working in a field related to energy efficiency. Must have sales personality and orientation with demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close sales. Ability to track and report results via Salesforce (or the ability to learn it). Excellent communication and sales skills with ability to listen actively, speak effectively, and write well. Experience with internet, Microsoft Office, and databases.
Must be organized and have the ability to work independently. Must have professional appearance and communication style as appropriate for business setting. Work style should be flexible, reliable, self-directed, and have a proficient work ethic. Must have leadership skills. Reliable, hardworking, trustworthy. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Must have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license and use of reliable, registered, and insured vehicle. Passion for the environment, community involvement, and a desire to make a difference in a not-for-profit industry is a big plus.
The Center for EcoTechnology is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit in Western Massachusetts with a regional footprint and a national influence. For 40 years, CET has helped people and businesses save energy and reduce waste. In 2016 we exceeded our three-year mission impact goals of helping 80,000 people save one million dollars and reducing their impact on the environment equal to taking 100,000 cars off the road and 40,000 homes off the grid for a year! We are passionate about our environmental mission and pride ourselves on offering innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions. CET is an equal opportunity employer and provider. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. You may include military service assignments and any verified work performed on a volunteer basis.