HospiceCare in The Berkshires
877 South St
Pittsfield, MA 01201
|Salary Range:||Location:||PITTSFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Home Healthcare|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Position Summary: |
The Nurse Practitioner is a highly skilled professional member of the Interdisciplinary Team with the primary responsibility of providing palliative care consultations and end of life care to hospice patients and their families within their scope of practice. The HCIB Nurse Practitioner has a key role to assist in determining patient eligibility for hospice services. This position has responsibilities with providing and instructing the clinical team in symptom management for end of life patients.
• Minimum of two (2) year's of professional experience in health care.
• Experience in a hospice care preferred.
• Experience in acute care in an institutional setting preferred.
• Experience in homecare preferred.
• Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.
Education and Training:
• A Master’s Degree in Nursing is required.
License, Certification & Registration:
• Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification.
• Current Massachusetts licensure: Nurse Practitioner
• Valid driver’s license
• Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse Certification preferred
• Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
• Strong observation skills and problem solving skills.
• Experience working with an Interdisciplinary Team preferred.