296 Nonotuck Street
Florence, MA 01062
|Salary Range:||Location:||GREENFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Up to One Year
Knowledge in the HIV/AIDS field - Preference: Nice to have|
|Harm Reduction |
40 hours’ week
Greenfield SAP, MA
Tapestry is committed to providing high quality, compassionate and community-based care to everyone in our region, including the most vulnerable. We are passionate about providing non-judgmental sexual and reproductive healthcare, syringe access and disposal, overdose prevention and education, HIV support and prevention, and WIC family nutrition.
Under the direction of the Syringe Access Program Manager, the Harm Reduction Counselor will be responsible for working as part of a team to provide outreach and education to injection drug users and LBGTQAI+ individuals in regards to HIV prevention. Primacy duties will include: developing effective goals and strategies to identify, access, educate and support injection drug users, MSM and LGBTQAI+ individuals in reducing their risk for HIV infection and transmission.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Valid Massachusetts Driver's License and Access to Reliable Transportation
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and Harm Reduction principles and practices
• Experience with substance use disorder
• Experience and ability to work with diverse communities across Western Mass.
• Awareness and involvement with LGBTGAI+ culture.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Willingness to be trained in blood draws
• Ability to provide high quality non-judgmental services
• Strong written and oral communication skill
Experience with social media, dating apps and other online recruitment methods preferred. Blood draws and Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
*Individuals with relevant personal experience strongly encouraged to apply*
|Duties and responsibilities:|
• Conduct Needle/Syringe exchange according to THS Syringe Exchange Policies and Procedures.
• Identify and access injection drug using population, MSM and LGBTQIA+ individuals through innovative outreach efforts.
• Assess the education and prevention needs of IDUs, MSM and LGBTQIA+ individuals and their sexual partners.
• Maintain cooperative relationships key leaders that include community leaders, agency staff, external agencies, business owners and other within the community.
• Engage with clients to provide education, prevention, and appropriate supported referrals to health services, PrEP and other services/agencies as needed.
• Develop peer educators in target populations, and support selected educators with on going contact.
• Conduct presentations and provide needed services in various community and substance use related sites. This includes bars, clubs, detoxes, shelters, jails and other gathering sites of targeted population. Services include the provision of HIV/HCV/STI screening and Narcan distribution.
• Regular travel to needed Tapestry sites and local service agencies. Approximately 10% of working hours will be dedicated to travel time.
• Conduct HIV/HCV/STI screening that includes obtaining blood and urine samples, completion of submission of documentation, charting, and laboratory shipping.
• Participate in advisory committees, external meetings, and other educator and outreach worker networking and professional development opportunities locally and across the state.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Evening and weekend availability required. Position schedule dependent on needs of
Participants and programs. Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens. Regular street
outreach in various weather conditions required. Outreach to bars, clubs and other areas where
high risk sex and drug use regularly occur required. Ability to deal with stressful situations.
Ability to provide support to and coverage at other Tapestry harm reduction sites when
Required to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs. Ability to sit at a desk and conduct basic
Administrative duties. Ability to be outdoors for long periods of time in all weather conditions.
If you are interested in joining a diverse team focused on providing innovative, front line health care, apply by submitting your cover letter and resume
to email@example.com or by mailing it to:
Attn: Human Resources Dept. 296 Nonotuck Street, 2nd Floor Florence, MA 01062
Tapestry provides a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, which includes: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 100% employer paid LTD/ADD/life insurance, tuition remission and an Employee Assistance Program.
Tapestry is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity employer.