Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School
80 Locust Street
NORTHAMPTON, MA 01060
High School Agricultural and Career Technical Education
|Salary Range:||Location:||To Commensurate With Experience||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Education/Training|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|DEFINITION: A substitute teacher is employed on an on-call day-to-day basis. Substitutes are expected to fulfill all functions of the substitute position in a satisfactory manner. |
BASIC FUNCTIONS: Under the direction of the Principal, to function on call as needed as a substitute, on a day-to-day assignment, at Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for continuous supervision of students in the classroom and shop
• Take class attendance, and submit it to the Main Office
• Follow lesson plans effectively.
• Responsible for student academic and vocational growth and development in meeting student academic and vocational needs by providing appropriate and approved instruction.
• Maintain cleanliness of classroom environment.
• Work cooperatively and collaborative with District staff, support personnel, to provide effective learning activities for students.
• Supervise pupils in out-of-classroom activities during assigned work-time, and accept responsibility for maintaining behavior standards school-wide.
• Maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a desirable safe learning environment in and out of the classroom.
• Provide a classroom climate and learning experience that supports the emotional, physical, social, and mental development of the student.
• Follow all district handbook guidelines and site level regulations/procedures.
• Act as a roving substitute to cover classrooms as assigned or directed.
• May be asked to cover half-day or a full day assignment, as needed.
• May be required to perform period supervision or cover vacant assignments as needed during the instructional day.
• Bi-lingual substitutes may be asked to translate as needed.
|KNOWLEDGE OF AND ABILITY TO: |
• Read, write, and speak English fluently.
• Follow, and present lessons effectively.
• Maintain a climate conducive to student learning.
• Maintain classroom discipline and apply classroom management strategies.
• Develop and maintain open channels of communication between students and staff.
Substitute Non- Certified Teacher pay schedule: $85.00 per day for daily assignments; $42.50 for half-day assignments; Substitute Certified Teacher $90.00 per day for daily assignments; $45.00 for half-day assignments.
Position Type: Part-time
Positions Available: 2