296 Nonotuck Street
Florence, MA 01062
|Salary Range:||Location:||HOLYOKE MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Knowledge in the HIV/AIDS field - Preference: Required|
|Assistant Operations Director for Urban Drug User Health|
Holyoke, Springfield and other urban areas of Western MA
40 Hours per week
Tapestry Health is committed to providing compassionate, community-based health care to some of the most vulnerable individuals in our region. We are passionate about providing non-judgmental sexual and reproductive healthcare, needle exchange access, overdose prevention and education, HIV/ AIDS prevention and care, and WIC family nutrition.
Under the direction of the Director of Harm Reduction Deputy Director for Program Operations, the Assistant Operations Director for Urban Drug User Health will assist in managing the operational activities of the SSPs and OEND programs with within urban settings throughout Western MA. The primary duties will center on the development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of an urban drug user health initiative with the goal of connecting people who inject drugs (PWIDs) to SSP and OEND related services.
This position is tasked with supervising the managers of the urban based SSPs and working with all staff of these sites to expand drug user health services in urban settings within Western MA. Duties include supervision of program managers, oversight of programmatic activities that adequately meet the current needs of PWIDs, and timely reporting to funders to ensure quality service delivery, client satisfaction and maintenance of facilities.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader with a demonstrated knowledge of rural areas and have a history of accomplishments in drug user health and harm reduction. The ideal candidate will effectively supervise staff internally as well as network at multiple levels with a diverse community that includes current and former PWIDs.
The Assistant Operations Director for Urban Drug User Health will be part of a team under direction of the Director of Harm Reduction charged with developing program priorities and strategies to promote more effective HIV prevention in accordance with standards and policies established by Tapestry.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Five years’ experience in the HIV/AIDS field.
• Two years’ experience working with PWIDs.
• Two years’ experience supervising diverse direct service staff.
• Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide and diverse variety of stakeholders that includes current and former PWIDs.
• Demonstrated experience of responsible management of program budgets.
• Current understanding of federal and state public health issues with respect to opioids, HIV/AIDS and substance use.
• Strong computer and analytical skills; substantial experience in Windows computer applications.
• Excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills.
• Supports the mission and goals of the agency.
• Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license required.
• Experience with public health related work operating in rural areas.
• Experience with innovative recruitment methods that target hard to reach population at risk for HIV/AIDS.
• Experience with syringe access and other effective HIV prevention strategies.
• Demonstrated experiences in collaboration with and engagement of person’s representative of the target population to develop culturally competent HIV prevention related intervention.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in Public Health or Social Work is highly preferred.
• Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred.
*Individuals with relevant personal experience strongly encouraged to apply*
|Duties and responsibilities:|
Program Oversight and Development:
• Under the supervision of the Director, participate in planning and strategy efforts to enhance service delivery and impact, particularly as it relates to PWIDs with limited access to the SSPs in Greenfield, North Adams and in other rural areas of Western MA.
• Monitor the goals and objectives of all Tapestry SSP and OEND programs located in rural areas and implement activities to insure compliance with funders.
• Develop, implement, oversee and conduct continued evaluation of a mobile health outreach program to PWID’s in rural areas that have limited access to Tapestry’s stationary SSP sites in Greenfield and North Adams.
• Develop, implement and oversee the development of initiatives involving peer networking strategies that are successful in accessing PWID’s at high risk for HIV and HCV transmission, and at a high risk for opioid overdose.
• Attend regional/local community meetings that serve to enhance the agency’s role in the community and advertise our services.
• Oversee program managers for the SSP’s located in rural areas.
• Participate in hiring and training of management and direct care program staff.
• Supervise recruitment and utilization of peers, volunteers and interns.
• Monitor and evaluate all data gathering activities related to rural drug user health and DPH.
• Assist with other forms of reporting and data gathering as requested by the Director of Harm Reduction.
Budget and Financial Oversight:
• Monitor programmatic budgets to assure appropriate spending, timely reporting and compliance with all state and federal regulations.
• Assist with grant proposals.
• Participate in agency meetings and initiatives as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Evening and weekend availability required. Position scheduled dependent on needs of participants and programs. Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens. Direct exposure to shooting galleries, bars, clubs and other areas where high risk sex and drug use regularly occur required. Ability to lift items under 40 lbs. required. Ability to sit at a desk and conduct basic administrative duties. Ability to deal with stressful situations.
Director of Harm Reduction
Interested candidates can apply by submitting their cover letter and resume to email@example.com or by mailing them to:
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
296 Nonotuck Street
Florence MA 01062
Tapestry provides a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, which includes: medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 100% employer paid LTD/ADD/life insurance and an Employee Assistance Program.
Tapestry Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.