River Valley Co-op
330 North King Street
NORTHAMPTON, MA 01060
Retail grocery cooperative
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Sales/Retail|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|Purpose: Organize receiving systems and process designated deliveries of grocery, bulk, perishables, wellness, and general merchandise. Ensure accountability for receiving paperwork, pricing, and security of inventory.|
1. Prepare and maintain storage areas for incoming deliveries.
2. Check deliveries to verify piece count, and check for obvious damage. Notify buyer of discrepancies.
3. Unload, and direct other staff with unloading as needed.
4. Sign for deliveries with appropriate adjustments noted on invoice.
5. Break invoices into department categories and route to buyers.
6. Coordinate returns, ensuring returned items get back to appropriate suppliers in a timely manner.
7. Call suppliers for credit on designated order.
8. Process special orders received. Set aside special orders, match product with special order form, and call customers.
9. Expedite stocking of incoming overstock items.
10. Rotate overstock into storage. Maintain approximate floor plan in storage area, using location signs as needed.
11. Material handling of store’s trash, beverage returnables, box baler/compactor, recycling, and compost.
12. Provide routine maintenance on equipment.
13. When time allows, stock in grocery departments. Assist customers with product questions and special orders.
14. Attend meetings with buyers, scan coordinator, and other staff as requested by Merchandising Team Stocking Leader.
15. Perform other tasks assigned by Merchandising Team Stocking Leader.
|Organized; accurate with details.|
Ability to lift 75 lbs continuously.
Manual dexterity with department equipment; able to operate unloading machinery.
Ability to stand for long periods and continuously work in conditions that are not climate controlled and are weather driven, all seasons.
Communication skills – able to listen well, give clear instructions, and present a clear speaking voice on telephone and in person.
Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
Ability to work independently and handle multiple demands.
Familiarity with natural foods.
Regular, predictable attendance.
River Valley Co-op is an equal opportunity employer encouraging excellence through diversity.