296 Nonotuck Street
Florence, MA 01062
|Salary Range:||Location:||FLORENCE MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Resources/Recruiting|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Experience with OSHA - Preference: Required|
|Human Resources Generalist|
32 hours per week
Tapestry is committed to providing compassionate, community-based health care to some of the most vulnerable individuals in our region. We are passionate about providing non-judgmental sexual and reproductive health care, syringe access and disposal, overdose prevention and education, HIV/ AIDS prevention and care, and WIC family nutrition.
Under the Direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist main duties include employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, employee engagement, recruitment/employment, new hire orientation, affirmative action and employment law.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management with 3 years’ experience in Human Resources or at least 5 years of experience as a Human Resource Generalist.
• Demonstrated ability to create, implement, and maintain a full range of HR related systems and programs.
• Experience administering a collective bargaining agreement preferred.
• Experience with OSHA a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently balance concurrent and changing priorities.
• Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to motivate volunteers and staff.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong computer and analytical skills; substantial experience in Windows computer applications.
• Ability to perform complex and varied tasks.
• Valid Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation.
• An understanding of the non-profit/social services sector.
• Support of the mission and goals of the agency.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Education:
• SPHR/PHR Certification
|Duties and Responsibilities: |
Employee Relations, Performance Management, and Employee Engagement:
• Supports the Director of Human Resources with regard to the administration of terms and conditions of the collective bargaining agreement and Employee Handbook and works with managers to ensure adherence to the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining agreement and policies contained in the Employee Handbook.
• Assists the Director of Human Resources in the assessment, resolution, and appropriate management of employee relations and performance issues and participates in investigatory/disciplinary meetings.
• Consults and brings to the attention of the Human Resources Director any employee concerns, questions, or grievances.
• Sends reminders to Managers and Directors on when 3 month and annual performance reviews are due for their direct reports. Assists with the collection of reviews and informing the HR Director when reviews have been completed for tracking purposes.
• Assists the Human Resources Director with planning and implementation of employee engagement initiatives including but not limited to : annual employee events, annual employee events, annual employee engagement surveys, and other employee activities.
• Assists Human Resources Director in the creation of training materials for presentations on new policies, laws, and regulations.
• Recommends, evaluates, and assists the Director of Human Resources with staff development and training for the agency.
• Reminds staff of upcoming employee training due dates, tracks completions of training and maintains training records.
• Schedules employee and management trainings for the agency.
• Sends reminders to employee/managers of expiring licenses and credentials and tracks collection.
Recruitment, Onboarding, Orientation & Release:
• Reviews resumes of applicants and forwards to appropriate managers and supervisors for review.
• Collects the necessary paperwork and documentation for employee selection, orientation, onboarding and termination.
• Checks references, completes offer letters and processes CORI and license verifications.
• Creates personnel files and maintains accurate records of onboarding material, trainings, medical information, licenses, and payroll information.
• Creates new hire packets and meets with new hires on their first day to go over HR policies and forms.
• Coordinates and schedules new hire orientation days for Fall and Spring.
• Coordinates exit interviews to determine reasons for separation. Monitors input, identifies trends and recommends action to help reduce controllable turnover.
Policy & Compliance:
• Sends out bi-annual reminders to managers to complete fire drills, smoke alarm/fire extinguisher testing and other health and safety precautions.
• Keeps HR Director informed of matters including but not limited to grievances, policy creation and administration, OSHA logs, medical leaves, and investigations.
• Assists the Director of HR with annual review of agency’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
• Maintains knowledge of current industry trends and employment legislation and ensures agency’s compliance by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
Other duties as assigned.
• Primarily sedentary work.
• Based at Tapestry’s Administrative Office in Florence, MA but some travel to other sites required up to 10% of position.
• Able to sit at a desk.
• Able to enter data into computer.
• Able to communicate on the phone.
• Oral Communication.
If you are interested in joining a diverse team focused on providing innovative, front-line health care, apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing them to:
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
296 Nonotuck Street, 2nd Floor
Florence, MA 01062
Tapestry provides a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, which includes: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 100% employer paid LTD/ADD/life insurance, tuition remission and an Employee Assistance Program.
Tapestry is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.