Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School
80 Locust Street
NORTHAMPTON, MA 01060
High School Agricultural and Career Technical Education
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Education/Training|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
|Overview of the Position: |
Performs and/or coordinates key administrative functions and develops strategic planning for adult programs to be offered at Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School, including assessment and execution of budgeting, staffing, and programming needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in planning and implementing goals and objectives of the assigned area.
2. Reviews, interviews, and recommends staff and provides orientation for new hires; prepare hiring form/contract new instructors, monitors and evaluates instructor/staff performance.
3. Prepares documentation for the origination of classes; schedules dates, rooms and instructors; reviews class schedule for accuracy.
4. Monitors course offerings and recommends additions, changes, deletions to keep program area current; coordinates the development of curriculum, course outlines, and materials required.
5. Communicates with Regional Employment Boards to assess needs of labor market and related course offerings.
6. Communicates and coordinates with Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School (SVAHS) administration and staff in regard to course offerings and usage of classrooms and shop areas.
7. Prepares marketing materials and literature for distribution and advertisement.
8. Demonstrates understanding of high quality teaching and classroom management.
9. Advise students on the variety of academic matters.
10. Ensures that faculty and staff follow SVAHS facility use policy and acts as liaison with SVAHS Vocational Director, Facility Manager, and shop instructors.
11. Reviews needs for equipment, supplies, and instructional materials and purchases.
12. Required to maintain an inventory record of all Adult Ed and Night School books, classroom materials, supplies, and equipment.
13. Assessment of professional development needs of Adult Ed faculty and staff to ensure that they remain current on best practices; provides tools and support for faculty and staff to monitor and analyze student and class data and initiate program improvement strategies.
14. Prepares documentation for the origination of classes, creates schedule of classes, rooms, faculty and staff, proofs class schedules for accuracy; develops, implements, and monitors all aspects of scheduling and instruction; hire, train and supervise faculty and other staff to support students on a variety of academic and administrative matters and workforce skills; manage Adult Ed budget; maintains and oversees development and implementation of curriculum and assessment protocol, collaborates with multiple departments and program areas to enhance and support effective communication.
15. Database management and Website maintenance.
16. Reconcile monthly reports and submit to business office.
17. Prepare deposits of in hand payments and submit to business.
18. Knowledge of MA procurement laws and procedures.
19. Process purchase order requests, verify and approve invoices for payment.
|Minimum Requirements: |
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Education and/or Marketing and at least 2 years’ work experience in related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Principles of supervision including employee training and performance evaluation.
Methods and techniques of program marketing and publicity.
Methods and techniques of program development and evaluation.
Principles and practices of grant proposal preparation.
Computer use and application.
Oral and written communication skills.