Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||SPRINGFIELD MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Are you passionate about healthy social emotional development in young children? Do you like working with systems and coaching other professionals in their work with young children?|
Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as an Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant. The consultant trains, coaches and models for educators and parents, building their capacity to cultivate healthy social/emotional and behavioral development of children birth to five. Consultants work at a variety of childcare sites, including center-based, family childcare, and home based services. In this position, your primary responsibilities would be:
- Provide on-site, specialized mental health consultation and support to teachers and administrators within a mixed delivery system.
- Conduct child and classroom observations, gather formal and informal assessment data with input from childcare providers, parents and families, and conduct social-emotional and mental health screenings.
- Develop and support the implementation of child success plans, with input from childcare providers and parents, and model strategies for educators in the classroom.
- Provide parent support and consultation in order to develop social-emotional behavioral support for the child at home, school, and community.
- Facilitate referrals to external agencies and provide follow-up services.
- Provide formal and informal training and coaching to teachers and administrators regarding principles and practices of creating environments which foster emotional well-being and provide support to children with challenging behaviors.
- Provide family support and training programs as requested by Community Action which may cover a range of topics including positive behavior, anxiety, sleep hygiene, child development, social-emotional development, etc.
- Coordinate care with outside providers, hold intensive case management team meetings alongside families and education teams.
- Participate in individual and group, clinical supervision. Submit weekly accounting of time and activities, and complete all documentation as outlined in program protocols and procedures.
|Required Skill Set:|
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of child development and best practices in early childhood mental health consultation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to form quality relationships with childcare directors, teachers, parents, and families (warm, inviting, validating and empowering)
- Cultural competence and experience working with low income families
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and capacity to be self-directed. Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent professional networking skills, effective problem-solving skills, and the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Credentialed mental health professional with at least 1 year of early childhood mental health experience (required).
• Interest in working with the early childhood population, including children, parents and providers, and in interest in community outreach and working with complex systems (required).
• Must be able to travel to sites in Franklin, Hampshire and Hampden counties as assigned.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhninc.org and click on “Work Here and Make a Difference” to apply!