Yankee Candle/Newell Brands
25 Greenfield Road
South Deerfield, MA 01373
|Salary Range:||Location:||SOUTH DEERFIELD MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Accounting/Finance/Auditing|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|The Plant Controller serves as the finance business partner for the Plant Management team. The role includes overall ownership for financial costing and accounting/reporting processes used at the plant, ensuring the plant leadership team understands the impact of operating performance on financial results, and driving a culture of continually improving both operating performance and financial processes while building and maintaining strong relationships with the plant leadership team. |
The Plant Controller has the responsibility to influence strategic and tactical decisions for the site and Purchasing organization, as well as advise, assist and influence senior management on significant financial decisions outside of this scope. This position is exposed to confidential financial statements, product costs, payroll and the strategic initiatives of the Company.
• Refine and maintain key performance indicators closely linked with financial results.
• Own all plant accounting activities, including material, labor, scrap and plant overhead. Develop and/or maintain key reporting tools to ensure accuracy and identify key drivers of results.
• Oversee the budgeting and other key FP&A processes for the plant and Purchasing; maintain and improve grounds-up cost models which drive both accurate forecasting and performance measurement.
• Analyze capital spending projects within overall Supply Chain; support cost/benefit analysis by calculating ROI/NPV and maintaining the capital budget.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis as necessary enabling team to understand expected financial impact of proposals.
• Own the annual standard cost update process.
• Work with Inventory Control group to review cycle count adjustments; ensure root cause has been identified and corrected.
• Oversee purchase price variance (PPV) and cash discounts reporting for Purchasing stakeholders.
• Provide cost estimates to support new product initiatives as necessary; review and approve costing on all new SKU’s, raw materials and purchased finished goods.
• Provide finance support for Value Analysis/Value Engineering and Lean Manufacturing initiatives, including analyzing and reporting potential/actual savings from actions.
• Manage and develop two direct reports.
• Drive a culture of continuous improvement.
|• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; significant Accounting coursework required.|
• 8 plus years total finance experience, including experience in a plant finance environment.
• Proven record of success as a strategically-oriented financial manager with knowledge of cost accounting, production planning and operations analysis.
• Strong analytical and proven statistical knowledge and experience required.
• Excellent systems skill, including MS Office, especially Excel, as well as ERP system experience, preferably Oracle.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.