Behavioral Health Network
417 Liberty Street
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
|Salary Range:||Location:||Westfield MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Support those working to overcome drug and alcohol addiction as they make strides towards more independent living!|
Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Substance Use Disorder Counselor in the Adult Community Clinical Services (ACCS) program at Behavioral Health Network! Substance Use Disorder Counselors embrace the values of recovery, resiliency, and harm reduction as they support individuals on their unique paths towards recovery from use of alcohol and other drugs. Collaborating with other ACCS staff, they provide preliminary screenings, recommendations about critical services needed, and necessary interventions and referrals for program participants. SUD Counselors act as a role model as they give psycho-education and individual counseling on substance use, as well as offering training and support to staff on best practices for coaching individuals working towards sobriety.
Throughout their work, the goal of SUD Counselors is to help participants maintain sobriety and transition onto more independent living situations. This position gives BHN employees the opportunity to acquire harm reduction capabilities and other treatment trends that lend themselves to movement to recovery. SUD Counselors become proficient in meeting individuals in their environment and connecting them to community resources.
Adult Clinical Community Services is a program that serves adults with mental health concerns. ACCS is a multifaceted program which uses an integrated team model to perpetuate recovery and wellness for the individuals served. Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
|Substance Use Disorder Counselors at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:|
• Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor (LADC I) licensure (required).
• One to two years experience in human services (required).
• Minimum of one year experience working in substance treatment environment (required).
• Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in related field, plus one year experience; or doctoral, ABD with one half-year’s experience (required).
• Clinical license or eligibility for licensure within 6 months (required).
• Commitment to empowerment and growth, human rights, and community integration for individuals served (required).
• Familiarity with internet, word processing, and email systems (required).
• Willingness to learn and become proficient with software applications, including Electronic Health Record, as applicable (required).
• Working knowledge of DPH Bureau of Substance Abuse regulations (required).
• Reliable vehicle, valid Driver’s License, good driving record, and appropriate car insurance coverage (required).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhninc.org and click on “Work Here and Make a Difference” to apply!