60 Brookdale Street
Springfield, MA 01104
We believe individuals with disabilities and other societal disadvantages are an essential resource for our country’s future. Our mission is to help build a world in which individuals with disabilities and other disadvantages realize their full potential.
Viability will be a positive disruptive force in the marketplace leading the innovative designs of future service delivery for individuals with disabilities and other disadvantages to realize their full potential within their communities of choice.
|Salary Range:||Location:||SPRINGFIELD MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Up to One Year
|Position: Employment Trainer Full-Time |
Location: Springfield, MA
Rate of Pay: $14 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm
Full-Time Employment Trainer Summary: The Employment Trainer is responsible for training and supervising members at supported work placements and in the community; acting as a liaison as needed; transporting members as assigned; completing documentation according to requirements; advocating for the integration of the member in the workforce and various other duties as assigned.
Full-Time Employment Trainer Specific Job Responsibilities:
• Train and supervise members at supported work placement to perform all necessary duties and responsibilities; perform hands on work as needed to meet production requirements.
• Train and supervise members in the community to ensure appropriate interactions, behaviors while increasing skills.
• Act as a liaison between host company and program.
• Supervise member to ensure rules are being followed while meeting member’s goals and objectives.
• Organize members work area, develop work procedures and provide training and instruction to members.
• Track members job, hours and productivity for accuracy and completeness for all assigned tasks.
• Transport members as assigned in own vehicle or company van as needed.
• Promote independence for each assigned member; advocate for the integration of member; assist member with productive and appropriate social interactions.
• Complete time sheets, daily logs, monthly progress notes, accident/incident reports, etc. according to requirements; provide to Supervisor.
• Instruct member on the use of tools, equipment and materials to ensure safety and proper use.
• Research and request materials and supplies for member jobs and programs.
• Ensure healthy and safe work environment; supervise members as required.
• Communicate effectively and positively with co-workers, members, supervisors, etc.
• Ensure confidentiality within all areas of responsibility.
• Follow all procedures pertaining to the agency’s policies while recommending changes to program policies and procedures when necessary.
• Keep abreast of all information regarding program changes and updates.
• Successfully complete all company required and job-specific training.
• Perform additional duties as required.
Full-Time Employment Trainer Qualifications: High school/GED or HiSET required with at least 1 year of human service experience.
|Full-Time Employment Trainer Requirements: Valid driver’s license, 3 years driving experience, good driving record, use of vehicle with compulsory auto insurance and vehicle registration, and willingness to transport program members in personal and/or agency vehicle. Must be able to travel within the region to access residential settings, employers, and community organizations.|
Total Rewards = Competitive Pay + Excellent Benefits + Meaningful Work
• Competitive Pay with Promotional Opportunities
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Health Savings Account
• Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
• Retirement plan: Employer matches maximum 6% on employee contribution of 4% at time of hire
• Company-paid disability insurance
• Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
Work/Life Balance & Well-being
• Generous Paid Time Off & Sick Time
• Tuition Scholarship Program
• Professional and personal growth opportunities
• Employee Assistance program for employees and loved ones
• Preferred ratings for home, renters’, pet, and auto insurance
• Fitness and Weight Loss program support (Health New England)
To apply, please see the Careers section of our website at VIABILITY.org
We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the applicant procedures. If you will need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify the hiring Director.