HospiceCare in The Berkshires
877 South St
Pittsfield, MA 01201
|Salary Range:||Location:||PITTSFIELD, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||CNA/RN/Medical|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|The registered nurse helps coordinate and administer hospice care for patients, families and caregivers through the utilization of hospice resources. The registered nurse is experienced in nursing with an emphasis on community health education and experience. The registered nurse utilizes hospice and community resources to help coordinate and drive services through a plan of care to meet the needs of patients and families.|
• Minimum of one (1) to two (2) year's experience in health care.
• Experience in a hospice care preferred.
• Experience in acute care in an institutional setting preferred.
• Experience in homecare preferred.
• Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.
Education and Training:
• An Associate’s Degree in Nursing is required.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
License, Certification & Registration:
• Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification.
• Current Massachusetts licensure: Registered Nurse
• Valid driver’s license
• Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse Certification preferred
• Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
• Strong observation skills and problem solving skills.