Cutchins Programs for Children & Families
78 Pomeroy Terrace
NORTHAMPTON, MA 01060
For 40 years Cutchins Programs for Children & Families has created a small, interpersonal, radically respectful environment in which the long-term impact of trauma, emotional, and behavioral challenges can be recognized and treated; and where families and children can find a caring, nonjudgmental and supportive atmosphere.
|Salary Range:||Location:||NORTHAMPTON MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Education/Training|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Cutchins Programs for Children & Families is currently seeking a part-time (20 hours), year round, motivated Vocational Instructor for grades 5-12 to work as a positive member of the educational team and Cutchins Community. We seek an experienced, creative team player with in-depth knowledge of special education and job coaching and training. A background in home economics, culinary and family/consumer sciences a plus!|
The position involves working with others to:
• Teach students, incorporating IEP goals, following behavior management and DBT plans;
• Provide input for IEP’s;
• Develop and implement curriculum;
• Ability to differentiate and modify curriculum to meet a wide range of needs;
• Develop and implement special interest projects and elective classes to provide meaningful instruction, target students' interest areas and enhance the school experience;
• Create a positive learning environment to achieve academic and behavioral objectives;
• Communication with parents/guardians and other members of the team;
• Works with the business community to secure job opportunities for clients; and
• All other tasks identified by the Education Coordinator.
|The successful candidate will be positive, outgoing, enthusiastic, patient, flexible, and creative. Must possess strong positive behavior guidance skills and have experience working with diverse populations. Must obtain & maintain all licenses & trainings appropriate to field & possess a commitment to personal/professional growth. All candidates must complete and pass background record screening process. Must have a BA, and have at least one (1) year relevant experience. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. |
Benefits: Excellent benefits include health, dental, & vision insurance; retirement contributions; generous time off package.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and three professional references via JobsintheValley or mail to Cutchins Programs for Children & Families Inc., 78 Pomeroy Terrace, Northampton, MA 01060, Attn: Human Resources-VOC. www.cutchins.org AA/EOE.
Cutchins Programs for Children & Families has over 40 years of providing uncompromising care not easily found in today's health care environment. Our residential, outpatient, and special education services provide children and families struggling with the effects of trauma and mental illness in a sanctuary of safety and love.