US Fish and Wildlife Service
300 Westgate Center Dr
HADLEY, MA 01035
|Salary Range:||Location:||$40-58k Per Year || HADLEY
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Administrative/Clerical/Data Entry
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
|Up to One Year|
Preference: Nice to have
This is an admistrative position with the US Fish and Wildlife Service in Hadley, MA. Applicants MUST APPLY via USAJOBS and NOT through Jobs in the Valley. Vacancy closes Sept. 30, 2022.
Job series: 0303 - Administrative Support Assistant
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Announcement number
- Control number
As a Administrative Support Assistant your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assembles Realty correspondence packages, such as offer and acceptance packages, as well as correspondence with the Solicitor's office (SOL) and ensures such correspondence is in proper format. Files correspondence and case records in physical and electronic file systems.
- Tracks outgoing and incoming SOL requests (i.e., PTO and FTO requests)
- Transmits and receives correspondence via US Postal Service and private couriers and distributes to Realty staff as appropriate.
- Stewards the physical and electronic file storage areas to ensure consistency with the Realty Division's file management practices.
- Enters acquisition case file information into PATS database (Filemaker Pro), performs PATS queries, and shares summary information with internal FWS customers.
- Ensures shared office equipment, such as photocopiers/fax machines are supplied with consumable products, and orders professional repair service as needed.
- Serves as point-of-contact for Realty Division staff computer needs - maintaining an inventory and ordering replacement computers and monitors, as needed.
- Serves as timekeeper for Realty staff.
- Makes travel arrangements for Realty Officer and Deputy, reviews travel documents (i.e., travel authorizations and travel vouchers) for all Realty staff.
- Reviews credit card statements for Realty staff.
- Uploads and routes documents in DTS (data tracking system).
- Purchases office supplies on occasional basis.
- Books meeting space for Realty staff.
- Serves as backup to other administrative staff for timekeeping, travel, and other general administrative needs of NWRS.
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Individuals assigned male at birth after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service. To verify registration visit SSS.gov.
- Resume and supporting documents (See How to Apply).
- Suitability for employment, as determined by background investigation
- Driver's License: Selectees MAY be required to possess and maintain a valid State driver's license at all times during their tenure.
- Probationary Period: Selectees may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
QualificationsOnly experience and education obtained by 09/30/2022 will be considered.
In order to qualify for this position you must possess the Minimum Qualification.
Minimum Qualification [GS-5]
A. 1 year of specialized experience that was equivalent to at least the GS-4 level in the Federal service. This experience has equipped me with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position and is in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Examples of this type of experience may include: reviewing credit card statements; purchasing necessary supplies and services by proper procurement methods; providing organizational support services for an organization such as timekeeping, preparing forms, documents, correspondence and responding to procedural questions; making travel arrangements including reviewing vouchers/documents; organize case files; operate a personal computer system using various software programs to monitor real estate appraisal documents to include grammatical and mathematical correctness and the completion of all document requirements. NOTE: Your resume must provide sufficient information to prove you have performed these duties for one (1) year.
B. Successfully completed of four full years of education above high school level in any field at an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college, or university. NOTE: If you are using education to qualify, you must submit a copy of your college transcripts.
C. Equivalent combination of post-high school education and specialized experience as stated above, which when combined meet at least 100% of the qualification requirement. (Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours may be used to meet this standard).
Minimum Qualification [GS-6]
A. 1 year of specialized experience that was equivalent to at least the GS-5 level in the Federal service. This experience has equipped me with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position and is in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Examples of this type of experience may include: determining appropriate source to procure supplies, equipment or services for an organization in accordance with regulations; providing organizational support services such as timekeeping, travel arrangements, and troubleshooting related problems; tracking and evaluating documents for correctness and ensures such correspondence is in proper format; compile information and data, and prepare reports through the use of automations; records and file management experience; assembling realty corresponding packages; operate a personal computer system using various software programs to monitor real estate appraisal documents to include grammatical and mathematical correctness and the completion of all document requirements. NOTE: Your resume must provide sufficient information to prove you have performed these duties for one (1) year.
There is no qualifying education for the GS-6 level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.