21 Olander Drive
Northampton, MA 01060
ServiceNet employs more than 1,500 people in our diverse network of mental health and human service programs throughout western Massachusetts and Worcester County – from professional therapists who offer a wide range of evidence-based therapies in our behavioral health centers, to direct care staff in our group homes and enrichment centers, to the vocational specialists at our working farm in Hatfield.
And we have a variety of interesting, challenging positions available. We hope you will apply!
|Salary Range:||Location:||15 Per Hour ||,
|Job Type:||Category:||Seasonal||Support Services
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
Driver's License - Preference: Required|
It’s getting cold and the shelters are opening! We are looking for counselors to provide a safe, welcoming environment for overnight guests who are seeking shelter from the cold. Various shifts and flexible schedules available.
Shelter Counselors: Positions available at a Shelter in Pittsfield. Ability to maintain a safe and peaceful residence. Experience with homeless, substance abuse, mental health, local resources, case notes, and computer skills helpful. Spanish speakers, strongly preferred. Positions lasts throughout the seasons!
As a counselor, you will:
• Work to provide a healthy home-like atmosphere in the shelter or warming center
• Attend to the daily affairs and welfare of all clients during each assigned shift. This includes but is not limited to: counseling, training in daily living skills, recreational and socialization programming and supervision, supervision of tasks within the program, and case management.
• Prepare and serve light meals to the guests
• Assist guests in finding resources they need to address their continuing shelter/housing and other needs;
• Engage participants in problem-solving activities.
• Write log notes, progress notes, and any other client record keeping that may be assigned.
You’re someone who has:
• a high school diploma or GED (college would be an added plus);
• basic computer skills and the ability to write daily shift notes and other communications;
• the kind of positive energy, patience, common sense, and compassion needed to motivate others;
• the physical ability to attend to guests’ safety needs; and
• We offer a starting wage of $15.00/hour; provide paid orientation and training for certification in First Aid, CPR.
We also offer a generous time-off package; comprehensive, health and dental insurance plans; a 403(B) retirement plan, with employer matching; long-term disability benefits; paid life insurance; tuition assistance; and several more benefit options.
Please email your resume and cover letter, and schedule you are interested in, noting Search #517 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
ServiceNet is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be a tobacco-free employer.