551 East Columbus Ave.
SPRINGFIELD, MA 01105
Guidewire, Inc is a not-for-profit human service agency that provides residential and day supports to individuals diagnosed with intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, and other psychiatric condition, throughout Western Massachusetts. Since its inception in 1982, Guidewire has maintained its mission and philosophy of positive, unconditional regard. We accept people for who they are, creating an environment where acceptance is the only option.
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Hour ||SPRINGFIELD, MA
|Job Type:||Category:||Full / Part Time||Human Services
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|Guidewire Inc is seeking Direct Support Professionals to join our dynamic team of caring and compassionate employees. We are a Non-Profit Human Service Agency supporting people with disabilities in community settings. We have various full-time and part-time positions available, with homes located throughout Hampden County. As a Direct Support Professional, you will work with our teams to provide the individuals we support with an atmosphere of unconditional, positive regard that promotes day-to-day choices, greater independence, and the opportunity to participate in and contribute to community life. |
Core Job Responsibilities: (Not all inclusive)
• Assist individuals as needed/required with all activities of daily living, such as, self-care and hygiene, food shopping and preparation, budgeting, household maintenance, leisure activities and socialization skill development.
• Follow and implement behavioral support/treatment plans as required and document tracked behaviors.
• Create opportunities that provide social and leisure activities of interest to the individuals supported.
• Communicate effectively with others, maintain a positive attitude of compassion, cooperation, and courtesy.
• Administration, documentation and ordering of medication in accordance with Medication Administration Program (MAP) regulations and policy.
• Health, vision, dental & Life Insurance
• Short-term & Long-Term disability insurance
• 401 (K) retirement plan (with company contribution)
• Competitive sick, personal and vacation time
• Paid Time and a half on holidays (potential holiday bonus pending certain parameters)
• Tuition Remission
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Discount Programs
|• Must be at least 18 years of age.|
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess and maintain reliable transportation.
• Possess current and valid Driver’s License.
• Must pass a CORI and Fingerprint Background Check.
• Ability to work as a team member.