880 Main St
WILLIAMSTOWN, MA 01267
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Year ||,
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Professional
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Preference: Nice to have
Preference: Nice to have
Center for Development Economics (CDE)
Williams is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for a Program Assistant for the Center for Development Economics (CDE). This highly varied and exciting professional position provides an opportunity to gain broad experience in international education with the CDE. Reporting to the Director of the CDE, the CDE Program Assistant will gain hands-on experience in supporting a leading international master's degree program in economics that attracts hundreds of applications annually and enrolls professionals from twenty or more nations each year. This position is well suited for an individual interested in gaining an introductory experience for a career related to international education or international development.
Williams is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty and staff. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Applicants should also highlight relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly diverse community.
|Responsibilities to include the following:|
• Serve as the first point of contact for those entering the Center.
• Maintain student data in Peoplesoft.
• Plan and coordinate CDE students' travel from abroad and for several annual field trips.
• Implement CDE student activities initiated by students.
• Organize and participate in CDE host family events.
• Maintain the CDE website and social media content.
• Track CDE Alumni information in conjunction with the Williams Office of Alumni Relations.
• Maintain the overall CDE calendar online and schedule meetings as guided by Director, Assistant Directors, and others.
• Direct CDE students toward available resources on campus and in the community.
• General office responsibilities.
• Occasional evening and weekend work is required, possibly some domestic travel.
• Bachelor's degree
• Excellent organizational and computer skills
• Technical skills as required for website maintenance and for alumni on-line engagement using social media
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite functions, and the ability to learn new programs and databases
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as be part of a team
• Demonstrated interest in developing countries and or international education
• Must be able to secure Alternate Responsible Officer status with the US Department of State for J-1 visa issuance
This is a full-time (40 hrs./wk.), year-round, 2-year term appointment. Band 19.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visit http://employment.williams.edu/staff/. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at email@example.com.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jcjs8srfj2qgjhf7