Judd Wire, Inc.
124 Turnpike Rd
TURNERS FALLS, MA 01376
About Judd Wire, Inc.
Judd Wire, a Sumitomo Electric Group Company, is a high technology wire company, specializing in the use of electron beam crosslinked thermosets for wire insulation. By applying irradiation crosslinking technology to insulating materials, Judd Wire meets the needs of the wire and cable industry for economical, high-performance products. Judd Wire manufactures electronic wire and cable in over 100 styles recognized by Underwriters Laboratory, Canadian Standards and/or Military Specifications.
Judd Wire's two U.S. based factories are part of the Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. (SEI), the largest manufacturer of wire and cable in Japan that provides Judd Wire with access to their extensive network of research and product development facilities.
To learn more about us, please visit www.juddwire.com.
About Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
|Salary Range:||Location:||$10+ Per Hour||TURNERS FALLS, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Manufacturing/Production|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Up to One Year
|Machine Operator (Sparker)|
Judd Wire Inc., a Sumitomo Electric Group company, is looking for 2nd and 3rd shift Entry Level Sparker Operators in our Turners Falls, MA facility. Individuals will be responsible for a variety of duties including: Performing required operations connected with measuring, inspecting, testing and re-spooling wire and cable in preparation for shipping or its next operation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Work from factory orders, special customer requirements and verbal instructions to evaluate and meet specifications with regard to conductor size, amount of insulation over diameter, sparking voltage, type of repairs allowed (if any), number of pieces per reel, type of reel for put-up, sparking sequence, number of conductors, multiple lengths, amount of order. Works in BPCS
• Set up wire or cable on sparking machine, selects proper counter eyes, applies prescribed sparking voltage, maintains proper traverse while operating machine at fastest allowable speed; set up voltage tester, test wire and small cables at prescribed voltage, check continuity tester to insure there are no breaks or shorts
• Visually examine wire/cables as it is pulled through machine to detect sparking. Identify areas of defective insulation, cut out defective piece
• Use micrometer to check conductor for proper size, check appearance of insulation and centering of copper wire in the insulation; tag reel in accordance with specifications, direct to next operation
• Detect and report any unusual conditions, defective materials or other malfunctions
• Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and proper condition. Observe safety regulations
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or directed by Supervisor
The ideal candidate must possess a High School diploma/GED and 1-3 month’s related experience. Position requires knowledge of ordinary arithmetic including decimals, fractions, and simple use of specification together with use of adjustable measuring instruments. Position requires moderate physical effort consisting of frequent moving average weights and continuous mental and visual attention to repetitive work, requiring constant alertness or activity. Working conditions may expose employee to noise, fumes, dust, etc.