296 Nonotuck Street
Florence, MA 01062
|Salary Range:||Location:||HOLYOKE, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Healthcare Office|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Up to One Year
Valid MA driver's license - Preference: Required|
|Harm Reduction Counselor |
40 hours per week
Holyoke SAP, MA
Tapestry is committed to providing high quality, compassionate and community-based care to everyone in our region, including the most vulnerable. We are passionate about providing non-judgmental sexual and reproductive healthcare, syringe access and disposal, overdose prevention and education, HIV support and prevention, and WIC family nutrition.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Harm Reduction Counselor will be responsible for working as part of a team to provide outreach and education to injection drug users and LBGTQAI + individuals in regards to HIV prevention. Primary duties will include: developing effective goals and strategies to identify, access, educate and support injection drug users, MSM and LGBTQAI + individuals in reducing their risk for HIV infection and transmission.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• High school graduate or equivalent required along with one year of counseling experience
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and Harm Reduction principles and practices
• Experience with substance use disorder.
• Experience and ability to work with diverse communities across Western Mass.
• Awareness and involvement with LGBTGAI + culture.
• Willingness to be trained in blood draws.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to provide high quality non-judgmental services.
Experience with social media, dating apps and other online recruitment methods preferred. Blood draws and Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
|Primary Responsibilities and Duties:|
• Conduct Needle/Syringe exchange according to THS Syringe Exchange Policies and Procedures.
• Identify and access injection drug using population, MSM and LGBTQIA + individuals through innovative outreach efforts.
• Assess the education and prevention needs of IDUs, MSM and LGBTQIA + individuals and their sexual partners.
• Maintain cooperative relationships key leaders that include community leaders, agency staff, external agencies, business owners and other within the community.
• Identify clients in need of services and make appropriate referrals.
• Engage on one-to-one interactions, aimed at education and prevention, and referral to health services, PrEP and other needed referrals.
• Develop peer educators in target populations, and support selected educators with on-going contact.
• Conduct presentations in various community sites, such as bars, clubs, and other gathering sites of targeted population.
• Conduct HIV/STI screening that includes obtaining blood and urine samples, completion of submission of documentation, charting, and laboratory shipping.
• Participate in advisory committees, external meetings, and other educator and outreach worker networking and professional development opportunities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in joining a diverse team focused on providing innovative, front-line health care, apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or by mailing it to:
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
296 Nonotuck Street, 2nd Floor
Florence, MA 01062
Tapestry provides a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, which includes: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 100% employer paid LTD/ADD/life insurance, tuition remission and an Employee Assistance Program.
Tapestry is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.