River Valley Co-op
330 North King Street
NORTHAMPTON, MA 01060
Retail grocery cooperative
|Salary Range:||Location:||Per Hour||NORTHAMPTON, MA|
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Restaurant/Cooking/Food Service|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
Up to One Year
Preference: Nice to have
Serv-safe, allergen awareness, food sensitivities knowledge - Preference: Nice to have|
|Purpose: Prepare and cook deli food while providing prompt, friendly, helpful customer service to |
help meet department goals for sales, margin, labor and customer service.
Status: Reports to Prepared Foods Team Kitchen Leader
1. Prepare dishes following specifications of Prepared Foods Team Leader and Assistant Team Leader.
2. Maintain accurate and up to date records of cost of preparing daily offerings.
3. Research and develop new recipes
4. Act as role model/ information conduit for all deli staff concerning ingredients and products used in our kitchen
5. Accurately label and date all dishes made with all ingredients every time
6. Food bank all un-sellable product following department procedure, including recording of on shrink sheets
7. Maintain Kitchen in orderly condition following guidelines set by Department Team Leader and Assistant Team Leader
8. Follow all food safety/cold and hot storage procedures
9. Advise Department Team Leader and Assistant Team Leader of all equipment repairs, replacements or upgrades
10. Read, and Initial deli communication logs daily
11. Attend and participate in storewide and departmental team meetings as scheduled
12. Other duties, as assigned by Prepared Foods Team Leader.
• Experience cooking for deli, restaurant, or catering
• Organized, attention to detail
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Ability to stand for long hours, and work in close quarters with many team members
• Ability to communicate in a positive tone with all team members and customers
• Ability to work varied shift beginning at 6 am ending after 10 pm
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and an ability to cover shifts as needed
• Neat appearance and personable in attitude
• Ability to come to work on time for scheduled shifts and accurately use a time clock
• Ability to follow though on verbal and written instruction
• Willingness to handle meat and seafood
• Ability to properly operate and clean an electric meat slicer
Manual dexterity with all department equipment.
River Valley Co-op is an equal opportunity employer encouraging excellence through diversity