DIAL/SELF Youth & Community Services
196 Federal Street
Greenfield, MA 01060
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Education/Training|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Preference: Nice to have
|Are you passionate about youth empowerment, education, the arts and social justice? Join the DIAL/SELF AmeriCorps Team!|
For ten months, 19 DIAL/SELF AmeriCorps members create positive youth development opportunities in schools and local agencies throughout the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts. AmeriCorps members use a collaborative, student-centered approach to support young people’s autonomy, belonging and personal learning aspirations. They use arts and experiential learning activities to create spaces where youth can develop meaningful goals, drive their own solutions, make decisions, fail, learn and grow.
The DIAL/SELF AmeriCorps Program (DSAP) has three core elements:
• On-site youth work at a local school or nonprofit.
• Team service project in collaboration with youth and community.
• Weekly training and reflection to build youth work skills and increase knowledge of different learning styles, social justice issues, arts integration, motivational interviewing, asset-based community development, group dynamics and facilitation.
• Earn a compensation package of up to $19,652, including personal/sick days. Package includes a Stipend of up to $13,732 and Education Award of up to $5,920. The Education Award can be used to pay for pre-existing student loans or future education costs.
• Receive free health care and child care as needed.
• Gain practical experience and build leadership skills that transfer across careers and vocations, particularly those related to education, youth work, the arts, social justice, nonprofits, social work, and community building.
• Make connections that lead to future opportunities in this region and beyond.
• Participate in a supportive learning community that challenges members to build on their strengths and put their values into practice.
The program begins in late August 2018 and continues through June 2019.
The next application deadline is April 15, 2018. Applicants who apply by that date will have priority and a higher chance of being matched with the program.
1) Complete an online application: https://goo.gl/forms/J4PVwDKf12QpLt0o2
2) Send us a resume
3) Request 2 references complete an online reference form: https://goo.gl/forms/A12iAFAJ6QmkHBgy1
For more info, visit our website: http://www.dialself.org/americorps.html
|Members must be at least 18 years old and U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals or lawful Permanent Residents. Youth work experience is recommended, but not required. Some work history is necessary. Because part of the region is rural, it is highly beneficial to have a driver’s license with access to reliable transportation.|
AmeriCorps celebrates diversity, is intentionally inclusive, and protects against discrimination on the basis of color, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, or disability.
Reasonable accommodations can be made for interviews and service.