Hampshire Regional YMCA
286 Prospect St
Northampton, MA 01060
|Salary Range:||Location:||HUNTINGTON MA|
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some College Coursework Completed|
Preference: Nice to have
|General Summary: |
To further the mission of the camp through the development and delivery of boating activities that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities. Assist in the management of the waterfront spaces and related equipment and supplies. Must maintain current lifeguard certification from YMCA or American Red Cross. Participate in all other camp activities as assigned.
The following are the programs we are looking to hire specialists for:
Arts and Crafts
Drama & Music
Nature and Outdoor Leadership Skills
Team Building and Initiatives
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
• Develop and deliver a program that is appropriate for the age and ability of the campers.
• Design and deliver activities/programs that meet camp outcomes (Belonging, Achievement, Relationships), match the abilities of the campers and make use of the camp’s natural environment.
• Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures
• Assist in the implementation of staff training for specialty program to train other staff in their responsibilities at the program.
• Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in the program area.
|• At least 18 years of age.|
• Documented training and experience in the specialty field.
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors in varied conditions.
• Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work.
**Camp staff are paid a daily seasonal rate.
We require all applicants to submit a CAMP application, which can be found on our website: http://www.hrymca.org